Author Topic: In 2018, at Least 50 US Deaths From Surging Right-Wing Extremist Attacks  (Read 695 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In 2018, at Least 50 US Deaths From Surging Right-Wing Extremist Attacks
Masood Farivar

The deadly mosque shootings in New Zealand last week by a gunman who promoted an anti-immigrant manifesto coincide with a surge in the incidents of right-wing extremist killings in the U.S.

Last year, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S., up from 37 murders in 2017, according to the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, which tracks such murders. The last five years have produced a higher number of extremist-related murders than any other five-year period since 1970, according to the ADL.

Mark Pitcavage, a senior fellow at the Center on Extremism, said that every one of the perpetrators of last year’s murders had ties to at least one right-wing movement.

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/a/in-2018-at-least-50-us-deaths-from-surging-right-wing-extremist-attacks/4846707.html

The way I see this, my first take, is that that number is not that high though of course, it is unacceptable and I don't mean to treat it in a trivial manner. More people die of fentanyl in the USA a week (if not even a shorter period of time) than that #50 number from Right-wing extremists. There was some figure given on how many people a day die of fentanyl in the US.

Offline NavyCanDo

The way I see this, my first take, is that that number is not that high though of course, it is unacceptable and I don't mean to treat it in a trivial manner. More people die of fentanyl in the USA a week (if not even a shorter period of time) than that #50 number from Right-wing extremists. There was some figure given on how many people a day die of fentanyl in the US.

Nothing Right-wing about white supremacist, neo-nazis, or fascist by any other name.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

Nothing Right-wing about white supremacist, neo-nazis, or fascist by any other name.

That's true, that narrative has been around forever. It would be hard to buck now. I think it's just shorthand and people understand what you are saying in that.  I'd agree, it is not an accurate description.

Offline TomSea

I think they take polls sometimes and ask people are they conservative or liberal?  Well, I know I've seen polls where say, most or a great number of blacks say they are conservative. Okay, they may still end up voting Democrat but they have conservative values, which makes it close to being right-wing. I guess, what I'm saying, is I don't get too hung up on the details, we understand what we are talking about and it would be hard to total reverse the conversation and terminology nowadays.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I've noticed several of these included crazy people.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

Never trust any report coming from liberals to be honest or factual. Everything they say or write has to be checked out.
Liberals have a habit of ignoring instances of leftist violence or mislabeling instances of violence having nothing to do with right wingers.
In short, they can't be trusted not to lie.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Pitcavage

(I knew I remembered that name)
The Militia Watchdog website was founded by Pitcavage in 1995 following the Oklahoma City bombing and operated until 2000. The site's subscription list, which mainly included law enforcement officers and other "watchdog" groups, is still being used by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). The site also worked in cooperation with other "watchdog" groups such as The Center for New Community, The Center for Democratic Renewal, the Southern Poverty Law Center[3] and the Simon Wiesenthal Center.[4](p34) Pitcavage's Militia Watchdog profiles have been used as a source for writers on militias and their activities.[5][6] With the success of the Militia Watchdog project, Pitcavage was made the Director of Investigative Research for the State and Local Anti-Terrorism Training Program (SLATT).[4](p34) SLATT is an FBI domestic intelligence gathering apparatus that uses both paid and unpaid informants, primarily from organizations such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and The Center for New Community. The SLATT program is funded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) of the U.S. Department of Justice.[7]

This guy is one of the ones who made his living painting the Right as domestic terrorists.

The question, considering some of his past associations is one of where he draws the line between left and Right, and who he considers an "extremist".
One of the effects of the Oklahoma City bombing was the virtual overnight elimination of conspicuous complaints about the Clintons and Waco, and any talk of Militia groups as they went dark. The FUDDs out there were even talking about keeping the Assault Weapons Ban in effect after its sunset, even though prior to the bombing there was widespread talk of repeal before the law got past its expiration date. For the Right, the bombing could not have come at a worse time: Hearings on the Waco Massacre of Branch Davidians were scheduled in Congress, the AWB looked like it might be repealed, the Clintons were reeling from the backlash over Waco and Ruby Ridge, and the bombing stopped that dead in its tracks as the SPLC and Pittcavage's site pretty much painted anyone to the Right of Clinton as an extremist.

Fifty? Out of thousands doesn't address the swarms of Leftists out there killing people daily.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Pitcavage

(I knew I remembered that name)
This guy is one of the ones who made his living painting the Right as domestic terrorists.

The question, considering some of his past associations is one of where he draws the line between left and Right, and who he considers an "extremist".
One of the effects of the Oklahoma City bombing was the virtual overnight elimination of conspicuous complaints about the Clintons and Waco, and any talk of Militia groups as they went dark. The FUDDs out there were even talking about keeping the Assault Weapons Ban in effect after its sunset, even though prior to the bombing there was widespread talk of repeal before the law got past its expiration date. For the Right, the bombing could not have come at a worse time: Hearings on the Waco Massacre of Branch Davidians were scheduled in Congress, the AWB looked like it might be repealed, the Clintons were reeling from the backlash over Waco and Ruby Ridge, and the bombing stopped that dead in its tracks as the SPLC and Pittcavage's site pretty much painted anyone to the Right of Clinton as an extremist.

Fifty? Out of thousands doesn't address the swarms of Leftists out there killing people daily.
The chances of an average American being physically harmed by someone on the "extremist"  i.e. far right is pretty low.
The chances of an average American being physically harmed by someone who identifies as on the left is a lot higher.
I've been getting into on-line arguments with demented libs who believe "white supremacists" are a far bigger danger to the world than radical Muslims.
It's not even close.  Jihadis are a bigger threat by a ratio of about 1000-1 over "white supremacists."

Online Smokin Joe

The chances of an average American being physically harmed by someone on the "extremist"  i.e. far right is pretty low.
The chances of an average American being physically harmed by someone who identifies as on the left is a lot higher.
I've been getting into on-line arguments with demented libs who believe "white supremacists" are a far bigger danger to the world than radical Muslims.
It's not even close.  Jihadis are a bigger threat by a ratio of about 1000-1 over "white supremacists."
This is worldwide, but provides an interesting contrast to the Leftist's meme. (from 2013)
Are there really 100,000 new Christian martyrs every year?
By Ruth Alexander BBC News

And it's little safer for Muslim women...Honor killing in America: DOJ report says growing problem is hidden in stats (2015)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:25:36 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Never trust any report coming from liberals to be honest or factual. Everything they say or write has to be checked out.
Liberals have a habit of ignoring instances of leftist violence or mislabeling instances of violence having nothing to do with right wingers.
In short, they can't be trusted not to lie.

They use SPLC.

Nuff said.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And, wasn't the NZ killer an eco-fascist and anti-right-winger?

Online Smokin Joe

And, wasn't the NZ killer an eco-fascist and anti-right-winger?
You are right on both counts, although his 'manifesto', multifesto was a bit of all over the place.
He wanted to spark the next Crusade, and failing that CWII in America over the RKBA.

It doesn't matter to the media: "A man has been shot! Round up the usual suspects!" is the order of the day.

Most of those pampered MSM hoplophobes don't like those icky ol' guns, anyway (or are too deranged to trust themselves to have one), so they project their problems onto the rest of us and blame people half a world away and their guns for what happened in NZ.

C S Lewis