Author Topic: Border Patrol Takes a Rare Step in Shutting Down Inland Checkpoints  (Read 232 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 I know this is New York Times.  Let me know if it isn't true.

Border Patrol Takes a Rare Step in Shutting Down Inland Checkpoints

SIMON ROMERO 3 hrs ago

ALBUQUERQUE — The Border Patrol is taking the unusual step of shutting down its checkpoints across New Mexico and a swath of West Texas as officials scramble to respond to a surge in families requesting asylum along the Southwest border.

A spokesman for the Border Patrol said in a statement that the temporary measure was intended “to process and ensure appropriate care for those in custody.” The closing of checkpoints up to 100 miles inland from the border reflects the strain on border operations as the number of migrants entering the country, which in February reached an 11-year high, continues to climb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/border-patrol-takes-a-rare-step-in-shutting-down-inland-checkpoints/ar-BBVdDgr?ocid=spartandhp

The article goes on to say that most immigrants seeking asylum surrender themselves at the border.  The checkpoints are where they find drugs.

More not winning.  We need to take care of migrants so we can't concentrate on stopping drugs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Border Patrol Takes a Rare Step in Shutting Down Inland Checkpoints
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:03 am »
The "checkpoints" never caught anybody that I know of.  I've driven through them hundreds of times.  They should be redeployed to the actual border.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: