Author Topic: John Brennan Tries to Explain: It's Not My Fault I Called Trump a Russian Traitor ...  (Read 602 times)

Offline mrclose

This guy headed our Intelligence? Really?  :chairbang:

John Brennan Tries to Explain: It's Not My Fault I Called Trump a Russian Traitor, I Got Bad Information

Former CIA Director John Brennan is doing his best to explain why he perpetuated a hoax about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia for the past two years. He isn't doing a very good job, however.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/03/25/john-brennan-tries-to-explain-its-not-my-fault-i-was-wrong-on-russia-i-got-bad-information-n2543697
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This guy headed our Intelligence? Really?  :chairbang:

John Brennan Tries to Explain: It's Not My Fault I Called Trump a Russian Traitor, I Got Bad Information

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/03/25/john-brennan-tries-to-explain-its-not-my-fault-i-was-wrong-on-russia-i-got-bad-information-n2543697

Astounding that the Commie POS was allowed anywhere near ANY of our intelligence agencies!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is refreshing to so a career political hack admit in public he has no judgement and is incompetent to the point that he should never again be trusted to head up any organization.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This commie should be locked away for the rest of his miserable life.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"Astounding that the Commie POS was allowed anywhere near ANY of our intelligence agencies!"

Correction:
"Astounding that the Commie muslim POS was allowed anywhere near ANY of our intelligence agencies!"

Offline Slide Rule

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ex-CIA chief offers mea culpa on Trump: 'I don't know if I received bad information'

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Monday, March 25, 2019
Former CIA chief John O. Brennan now says his months of attacks on President Trump may have been based on “bad information.”
One of the president’s harshest critics had a muted tone on Monday as he discussed special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” No evidence was found to support the claim that Mr. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign “conspired or coordinated” with Russia.
“Well, I don’t know if I received bad information but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” Mr. Brennan told host Joe Scarborough. “I am relieved that it’s been determined there was not a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government over our election.”

Mr. Brennan said in December 2018, for instance, that Mr. Trump should prepare for the “forthcoming exposure of your malfeasance & corruption.”
“We need an actual leader — our Nation’s future is at stake,” he tweeted Dec. 31.
The former CIA head said he still maintained that some conversations between Mr. Trump’s ampaign and Russians were “inappropriate.”

snip

“I’m not all that surprised that the high bar of criminal conspiracy was not met,” he said.
Mr. Trump said Sunday that it was “a shame that our country has had to go through this. To be honest, it’s a shame that your president has had to go through this.”
“It began illegally, and hopefully, somebody is going to look at the other side. This was an illegal take-down that failed, and hopefully, somebody is going to be looking at the other side,” he told reporters. “So it is complete exoneration. No collusion, no obstruction.”

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/25/john-brennan-ex-cia-chief-offers-mea-culpa-on-trum/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Former CIA chief John O. Brennan now says his months of attacks on President Trump may have been based on “bad information.”

That is simply not true.  The people reporting directly to Brennan knew the truth, and Brennan had the means and the responsibility to know the truth.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That is simply not true.  The people reporting directly to Brennan knew the truth, and Brennan had the means and the responsibility to know the truth.

He is simply attempting a CYA. He is an Obama/Clinto pal, got caught, needs to try to salvage credibility.

I doubt very many even on the Republican side will prove to have the lasting power to make these wrongdoers pay any meaningful price.

Comey, Brennan, Clapper, McCabe and others, were partisan political hacks, at the core.

Trump's 26 months in office is a relatively short time, to expect a final reckoning.

CIA missed the Soviet breakup, missed Sept. 11, 2001, etc. To bad they meddle in our politics, instead of try harder to protect us.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.