Author Topic: You may need to pass a background check to buy bullets soon  (Read 1652 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
You may need to pass a background check to buy bullets soon
« on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:36 pm »
nbc-2.com by Emma Green & Dave Elias 3/18/2019

A bill named "Jaime's Law" after a Parkland victim could change how gun owners buy their ammo.

SOUTHWEST Fla. - Soon, no matter where you go in the country, you may be required to pass a background check to buy ammunition for your guns.

The bill that could require the heightened security surrounding buying bullets is known as "Jaime's Law," named after the Parkland shooting victim Jaime Guttenberg.

While some might see it as a boon, gun shop owners in Southwest Florida said the bill could devastate their businesses, as six million Floridians are gun owners.

Currently, New York and California are the only states that require background checks for ammunition.

More: https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40130556/you-may-need-to-pass-a-background-check-to-buy-bullets-soon

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: You may need to pass a background check to buy bullets soon
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 11:21:31 pm »
Bullets, or cartridges?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:39:49 am »
Bullets, or cartridges?

You know that reporters don't know the difference.

Ammunition.

If you're into pre-cartridge guns, I wonder if it also includes balls, bullets, black powder, flints, caps, and primers?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:56:13 am »
Good grief, and ammo just now has been easier to find. I can't imagine the hoarding that gun owners will do if this gains any wings... and I will be right along with them hoarding. I probable have 15k rounds now, but 50k or more just to make sure my kids have ammo in the future.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 01:46:00 am »
Good grief, and ammo just now has been easier to find. I can't imagine the hoarding that gun owners will do if this gains any wings... and I will be right along with them hoarding. I probable have 15k rounds now, but 50k or more just to make sure my kids have ammo in the future.

I certainly have to look hard at my inventory.  BLOAT.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 02:04:07 am »
I certainly have to look hard at my inventory.  BLOAT.

I'm covered for all components except for jacketed bullets. I have the lead supply and bullet molds if it comes to that. My jacketed bullet supply is the weak link. So many calibers.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 02:19:19 am »
So many calibers.

I done that right. I winnowed it down according to purpose and best caliber preference per purpose... And then I worked on duplication. I don't have many kinds (nor do I need many kinds), but I have what I need, complete, with ammo, copied in three places.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 02:29:08 am »
I have my "Core" set and my "Projects" Set. Core is fully covered. Projects  are just that. I'm constantly changing or upgrading them, so I don't worry about keeping much of a supply for them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 05:14:51 am »
You know that reporters don't know the difference.

Ammunition.

If you're into pre-cartridge guns, I wonder if it also includes balls, bullets, black powder, flints, caps, and primers?
I'm a geologist, flints I can do myself. Black powder is a little trickier...Car batteries and wheel weights for bullets, in a pinch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis