State Chapters > Florida

You may need to pass a background check to buy bullets soon

(1/2) > >>

Elderberry:
nbc-2.com by Emma Green & Dave Elias 3/18/2019

A bill named "Jaime's Law" after a Parkland victim could change how gun owners buy their ammo.

SOUTHWEST Fla. - Soon, no matter where you go in the country, you may be required to pass a background check to buy ammunition for your guns.

The bill that could require the heightened security surrounding buying bullets is known as "Jaime's Law," named after the Parkland shooting victim Jaime Guttenberg.

While some might see it as a boon, gun shop owners in Southwest Florida said the bill could devastate their businesses, as six million Floridians are gun owners.

Currently, New York and California are the only states that require background checks for ammunition.

More: https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40130556/you-may-need-to-pass-a-background-check-to-buy-bullets-soon

Smokin Joe:
Bullets, or cartridges?

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 24, 2019, 11:21:31 pm ---Bullets, or cartridges?

--- End quote ---

You know that reporters don't know the difference.

Ammunition.

If you're into pre-cartridge guns, I wonder if it also includes balls, bullets, black powder, flints, caps, and primers?

Sighlass:
Good grief, and ammo just now has been easier to find. I can't imagine the hoarding that gun owners will do if this gains any wings... and I will be right along with them hoarding. I probable have 15k rounds now, but 50k or more just to make sure my kids have ammo in the future.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on March 25, 2019, 12:56:13 am ---Good grief, and ammo just now has been easier to find. I can't imagine the hoarding that gun owners will do if this gains any wings... and I will be right along with them hoarding. I probable have 15k rounds now, but 50k or more just to make sure my kids have ammo in the future.

--- End quote ---

I certainly have to look hard at my inventory.  BLOAT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version