Author Topic: The Belarusian Hospital Trying To Break The Country’s Abortion Habit  (Read 1100 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Belarusian Hospital Trying To Break The Country’s Abortion Habit

Iryna Kazlouskaya was a student in Minsk years ago when she got the news she was pregnant.

Relatives and doctors, she says, were unanimous as to what she should do: abort the child.

“I was really confused. A lot of that had to do with the reaction of my relatives, who, putting it mildly, weren’t too happy. They thought being pregnant would be the end of my life and career,” Kazlouskaya told RFE/RL’s Belarus Service in a recent interview.

She eventually had the child but, due to her experience, became convinced that a large part of Belarusian society viewed abortions as a form of birth control.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/the-belarusian-hospital-trying-to-break-the-country-s-abortion-habit-/29839381.html

If they talk about Eastern Europe having a high abortion rate, I think Poland proves to be an exception to that.....so, we all can research it for ourselves. I think 4 of the 5 countries with the highest abortion rates are Communist nations as well. I've seen those stats before. Just saying, the info is out there if one is curious.

From the article, she hardly looks like your Bible-carrying religious extremist...

A Belarusian campaigning against abortion in Homel.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:31:19 pm by TomSea »