Author Topic: DOJ inspector general confirms yearlong investigation into FISA abuse is still active  (Read 775 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DOJ inspector general confirms yearlong investigation into FISA abuse is still active
Washington Examiner, Mar 21, 2019

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz confirmed Thursday his office is still investigating possible abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act by the DOJ and FBI in their investigation into President Trump and associates of his 2016 campaign.

The revelation came during a panel discussion in Washington, D.C., when Horowitz was asked to divulge his biggest projects.

“We have a FISA-related review that people might have heard about that the deputy attorney general asked us to take a look at. But I’m not going to dwell on that," he said at the event alongside three other inspectors general hosted by the Atlantic Council.

Horowitz did not comment further. The moderator, Sarah Lynch of Reuters, made it clear that the watchdog's FISA abuse probe was off-limits for further questions. “I was also asked to just tell everybody — please don’t ask about an ongoing investigation. Don’t ask Michael [Horowitz] about the FISA-Carter Page investigation. He can’t talk about it. As much as we all want to know what the finding will be," she said.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-inspector-general-confirms-year-long-investigation-into-fisa-abuse-is-still-active

Offline RetBobbyMI

Hope he includes judicial ethics of the FISA court in that review also.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"possible abuse"?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"possible abuse"?

LOL!  Right!  For me, I'm just waiting to see how extensive the IG is willing to say the abuse was and who gets indicted, prosecuted, and wins and extended stay at the grey bar hotel!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hope he includes judicial ethics of the FISA court in that review also.

The revelations SHOULD, at the least, call into question the FIS courts' effectiveness, from the judges themselves, to the oversight by the CJ who appoints them.

It ALSO calls into question the IG functions with EACH LE and Intelligence agency, that has thus far failed to investigate and prosecute.

Politically THREE main groups wanted to at least weaken, or hopefully bring down Trump.

dems
media
establishment Republicans

IMO Trump was justified that Sessions allowed the "thing" to take off so fast with so little scrutiny, or control.

The basic facts were known and made public by Spring 2017 by Joe di Genova, Gregg Jarret, and Mark Levin in a partticular episode broadcast.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln