General Category > Politics/Government

We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
March 17, 2019
We Cannot Bury Our Heads in the Sand about Ilhan Omar
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

Rep. Ilhan Omar from Minnesota poses an interesting case study in American cultural or civilizational consciousness.  She is the first congressional representative to wear a scarf around her head, and that scarf is for some a symbol of the breadth and depth of our acceptance of others.  For others, it is a symbol of alienation and rejection of the America she claims — simply by holding office — to represent.  To those who see her this way, the hijab or head covering is seen as a hostile schmata (rag) whereby she is not merely carrying on one of her subculture's customs, but, in essence, giving the finger to the country she now would participate in governing.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/03/we_cannot_bury_our_heads_in_the_sand_about_ilhan_omar.html#ixzz5ivFIYmGa

rangerrebew:
We can be just like Germany in the 1930s when it comes to the destruction of a nation and slaughter of Jews if we keep our heads in the sand. ***suicide***

rustynail:
Sand?  That's Racist.

skeeter:
Omar's also pioneering incest as an alternative congressional lifestyle.

Formerly Once-Ler:

--- Quote ---She is the first congressional representative to wear a scarf around her head, and that scarf is for some a symbol of the breadth and depth of our acceptance of others.  For others, it is a symbol of alienation and rejection of the America she claims — simply by holding office — to represent.  To those who see her this way, the hijab or head covering is seen as a hostile schmata (rag) whereby she is not merely carrying on one of her subculture's customs, but, in essence, giving the finger to the country she now would participate in governing.
--- End quote ---
I think I can bury my head in the sand about Omar, because the House of Rep is filled with fringe freaks on both sides.  They don't really matter.
I think the MAGA caps are perceived as giving a finger to America by many Americans too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version