General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

James Comey says he hopes Trump will not be impeached after Mueller report

(1/1)

mystery-ak:

James Comey says he hopes Trump will not be impeached after Mueller report

Ex-FBI director wrote in a New York Times op-ed he wants the president to suffer a ‘resounding’ loss in the 2020 election

Oliver Laughland in New York
@oliverlaughland

Fri 22 Mar 2019 08.37 EDT
Last modified on Fri 22 Mar 2019 10.34 EDT

James Comey has said he hopes Donald Trump will not be impeached following the completion of the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. Instead the former FBI director wants the president to suffer a “resounding” loss at the ballot box in 2020.

As speculation that Robert Mueller is on the verge of completing his almost two-year-long investigation, Comey published an opinion article in the New York Times, writing: “I hope that Mr Trump is not impeached and removed from office before the end of his term.”

The op-ed continued: “I don’t mean that Congress shouldn’t move ahead with the process of impeachment governed by our constitution, if Congress thinks the provable facts are there. I just hope it doesn’t. Because if Mr Trump were removed from office by Congress, a significant portion of this country would see this as a coup.”

more
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/22/james-comey-oped-trump-impeached-mueller

verga:
That's okay I kind of what to see Comey in an orange jumpsuit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version