General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

The word “cowboy” is now equated to genocide

(1/5) > >>

rangerrebew:
The word “cowboy” is now equated to genocide

Jazz ShawPosted at 12:41 pm on March 20, 2019

I hadn’t even heard about this particular bit of insanity until I read about it at the Daily Wire. The general description makes it sound like a fairly typical bit of political correctness gone several orders of magnitude too far, but what was even more shocking was the fact that it was taking place in Wyoming. Last summer, a group of professors at the University of Wyoming (UW) were protesting the school’s offensive new slogan. (Trigger warning.) They had adopted the motto “The world needs more cowboys.”

One of the professors pointed out that the term “cowboy” had racist, sexist, homophobic and genocidal undertones. Horrifying, right? I’m sure you can immediately see the problem. Wait… what’s that? You don’t see the problem? Allow the Daily Wire’s Hank Berrien to explain.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/20/word-cowboy-now-equated-genocide/

rangerrebew:
Shoiuldn't the word "democrat," or words "democrat party" be equated with genocide also?  Their reluctance to give up on America's "unique institution" caused over 600,000 Americans their lives in the Civil War alone. :reaper:

skeeter:
'Cowboy' is also synonymous with white male.

I'm beginning to sense a theme here.

ABX:
"Cowboys" weren't responsible for native genocide- that would be the US Government led by those famous Democrats Andrew Jackson and James Buchanan.

ABX:

--- Quote from: skeeter on March 22, 2019, 05:19:19 pm ---'Cowboy' is also synonymous with white male.

I'm beginning to sense a theme here.

--- End quote ---

LOL.. except in reality, a very high percentage (about 25%) were African-American former slaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version