Author Topic: Remember MySpace? Yeah, well it says it lost up to 12 years of users' uploaded files.  (Read 1600 times)

Offline corbe

Remember MySpace? Yeah, well it says it lost up to 12 years of users' uploaded files.

By  Circa  and MOBIUS.LAB Productions

March 18, 2019 04:49 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (CIRCA) — MySpace, a once-dominant social media platform, admitted Monday it lost 12 years' worth of users' file uploads during a server migration error, according to CNN and other other outlets.

The number of song files missing could number up to 50 million.

<..snip..>

https://www.circa.com/story/2019/03/18/technology/myspace-loses-users-files-that-were-uploaded-more-than-three-years-ago
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Similar thread:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,355115.0.html

Myspace lost 12 years of music and pictures in server migration
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »

Social networking website Myspace said Monday that it lost 12 years worth of music and pictures during a server migration.

"As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos, and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace," the company said in a statement.

"We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies."

Myspace was the dominant social media platform between 2005 and 2008 before it was overtaken by Facebook and Twitter.

Millions of songs were hosted on the platform, and many famous artists like Arctic Monkeys and Calvin Harris were partially discovered through the website.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/434685-myspace-lost-12-years-of-music-and-pictures-in-server-migration

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
1. Trump's fault.

2. Global warming.

2. A clear sign Spring is here when the servers are migrating.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
While some people lost irreplaceable photos, vidoes, and other memories, there are a lot, a whole lot, of people out there celebrating this unfortunate turn.

Imagine if FaceTyrant or TwitTyrant suddenly lost everything you had ever done, said, or posted online. For many, that would be a huge relief. Would you re-register? Or would you just leave well enough alone?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Often some of the rarer songs an little known artist could be found there at Myspace. They often did not have a download option, but with a sound recorder you could capture some obscure tunes. So I can honestly say I am not thriilled to see this occur to them (though in long run it may save them money on server space storage).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....