State Chapters > Texas

San Antonio bars Chick-fil-A from airport, cites 'legacy of anti-LGBT behavior'

(1/4) > >>

corbe:
San Antonio bars Chick-fil-A from airport, cites 'legacy of anti-LGBT behavior'

by Diana Stancy Correll

March 22, 2019 12:43 PM

San Antonio's City Council voted Thursday to block Chick-fil-A from opening a store at the San Antonio International Airport due to the company’s alleged "legacy of anti-LGBT behavior."

The council voted 6-4 to deny Chick-fil-A from joining the new Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concession Agreement for the airport, but approved chains like Smoke Shack and Local Coffee.

“With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion," said Councilman Roberto Treviño, according to News 4 San Antonio. "San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/san-antonio-bars-chick-fil-a-from-airport-cites-legacy-of-anti-lgbt-behavior

240B:
Censorship fascists strike again.
According to the "tolerant" Left, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE!!

Jazzhead:
What legacy of anti-LGBT behavior?    Have gays ever been refused service?    Have gays ever been refused employment, or otherwise discriminated against in the workplace?   

This is just a political jihad,  and reprehensible on its face.   By the way,  the Philly Airport has Chick-fil-A.    I buy it to bring on board every time I fly.   

andy58-in-nh:
I seriously doubt that Chick-fil-A has ever denied service to a LGBT customer. But that's not the activists' point. Nor is accepting them as human beings, which the company undoubtedly does as well, as part of their Christian belief system.

No: in order to avoid being attacked, boycotted, bullied, smeared and harassed by the LGBT lobby or by any other such Accredited Victim Grievance Group, you must endorse and embrace their agenda without question.

240B:

--- Quote from: Jazzhead on March 22, 2019, 05:04:22 pm ---What legacy of anti-LGBT behavior?    Have gays ever been refused service?    Have gays ever been refused employment, or otherwise discriminated against in the workplace?   

--- End quote ---
I really hope that Chick-fil-A sues the crap out of the airport for blatant and unmitigated discrimination.
They should sue not just for themselves, but for the sake of the whole country. This is the Left openly declaring that only THEY can decide what is right and what is wrong. Only THEY decide what you are allowed say or think and which opinions you are 'allowed' to have.

This needs to be shut down hard, for the sake of everyone. And Chick-fil-A has the deep pockets to be able to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version