General Category > Health/Education

If You’re A Conservative Woman On My Campus, Get Used To Bullying

(1/2) > >>

mountaineer:
If You’re A Conservative Woman On My Campus, Get Used To Bullying
Bullying, nasty comments, and infringing on the free speech rights of others makes it hard to be a strong, conservative woman in college.
March 21, 2019
 By Charlotte Townsend   
--- Quote ---Strangers destroying my posters promoting conservatism, fellow women telling me I am “against” our own sex because I am conservative, and professors teaching that conservatives have been corrupted by “rich, white men.” These three personal experiences highlight some of what I have faced from campus liberals as a conservative student at the College of Charleston in South Carolina—and that was just during my freshman year.

Before arriving on campus, I had heard the political climate in college was hard on conservatives. I didn’t realize what “hard” meant until I took the hits myself. I live in a world where many of my peers are too afraid to support conservatism in front of their friends. I am open about my support of conservatism, which leads to regular battles. ...

These groups are not immune to the liberal backlash. One night as I helped a friend hang some of his posters, we noticed that one we had hung just 15 minutes earlier had vanished. We rushed to the top floor of the building to witness a stranger destroying them. We gave chase, demanding our property back.

“Do you like censoring free speech?” my friend asked the vandal. The man carried one of our destroyed posters, which said “Don’t be so offended.” Ironic, right? He responded, “It’s my free speech to tear down your free speech.” He soon took off down the street into the darkness.

Once campus public safety officers arrived, they informed us they could not identify him from a cell phone video we had taken. The case was closed. ...
--- End quote ---
Read entire article at The Federalist

mountaineer:
Related (also from The Federalist):
--- Quote --- If Conservative Alumni Were Smart, Here’s How They’d Punish Campus Hooliganism
Why hasn’t every campus conservative group in the country made it clear to their administration that, if they try shutting down conservative speech, alumni donations from conservatives will evaporate?
By David Hines   
March 11, 2019

Recently, Young America’s Foundation (YAF) has suffered some speaking engagement setbacks. Phoenix, Arizona’s Grand Canyon University cancelled an appearance by YAF flagship speaker Ben Shapiro, stating they did so “to use our position as a Christian university to bring unity to a community that sits amidst a country that is extremely divided and can’t seem to find a path forward toward unity.”

It took a considerable amount of rigmarole to reverse this decision. First the university and YAF wrangled over statements, then the university offered Shapiro a speaking slot without YAF chapter involvement, which he declined. Then the university agreed and signed with YAF to bring Shapiro.  ...

o why hasn’t every campus conservative group in the country made it clear to their administration that, if they try shutting down conservative speech, alumni donations from conservatives will evaporate? Because they can’t. Conservatives are atomized. Conservative students and alumni don’t have each other’s phone numbers, they aren’t in contact, and they aren’t working together to make their schools better places for conservatives.

To make the threat of a donor strike even potentially effective, you first have to identify conservative alumni, identify donors, get conservative donors on board in meaningful numbers, and then organize them into units to prepare an escalating series of punches that you can actually deliver. That is work. It is hard work.  ...

This is, I understand, anathema to many righties. Conservatives prefer to focus on ideas, and would prefer to just have a place to talk about conservative ideas. Well, ideas are important, but they won’t get you anywhere unless you have the power to carve out a space where your ideas can find an audience. We want power. Let’s go get it.
--- End quote ---
Article at The Federalist, where he provides step-by-step instructions on carrying out a donor strike in the interest of free speech.

240B:
Try being Jewish on any campus if you want to know about bullying. One of the reasons Jewish students and professors are so hard-core radical Left is that it keeps them safe. If they did not declare their allegiance to the entire panoply of Leftist causes, and praise Antifa on a daily basis, it would not be all that safe for them to be on campus.

The problem is, the 'I am on your side.' defense was tried in Germany in the 30s and it did not work. It didn't work then and it will not work now in the long term. Eventually, Jews will be purged from the Left no matter how radical they are or how much they 'support the cause'. We have seen this play out dozens of times in history.

mountaineer:
Good points, @240B  Sad to say, you're exactly right.

QueenCatofAragon:
Don’t allow yourself to be bullied.  Shut that s**t down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version