Author Topic: Trump Says US Recognizes Israeli Control Of Golan Heights  (Read 473 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump Says US Recognizes Israeli Control Of Golan Heights
« on: March 21, 2019, 05:55:41 pm »

JERUSALEM (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday that it's time for the United States to recognize Israel's control over the disputed Golan Heights, an announcement that signals a shift in U.S. policy and comes ahead of the Israeli prime minister's planned visit next week to the White House.

The administration has been considering recognizing Israel's sovereignty over the Golan, which Israel captured from Syria in 1967. Last week, in its annual human rights report, the State Department dropped the phrase "Israeli-occupied" from the Golan Heights section, instead calling it "Israeli-controlled."

"After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel's Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and Regional Stability!" Trump tweeted.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pompeo-symbolic-visit-western-wall-netanyahu-122408096--politics.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:54:18 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump Says US Recognizes Israeli Control Of Golan Heights
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:38 pm »
Good.
Joel B. Pollak Verified account @joelpollak
7m7 minutes ago

If you’re wondering why you haven’t heard more about the #GolanHeights before Trump recognized it as part of Israel today, it’s because a) there are no Palestinians there; b) the alternative is giving it back to Assad/Iran/Russia; c) many Druze etc. there would rather be Israeli.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:42:16 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:13:57 pm »
Agreed with mountaineer.

But I'll go further.

The statement should have read:
"US recognizes Israeli ANNEXATION of the Golan Heights."
That's more like it!

(and while we're at it, annex the West Bank, as well !!)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 11:43:05 pm »
Agreed with mountaineer.

But I'll go further.

The statement should have read:
"US recognizes Israeli ANNEXATION of the Golan Heights."
That's more like it!

(and while we're at it, annex the West Bank, as well !!)

The trouble with annexing the West Bank is Israel would become a majority Arab country.  She would cease being a Jewish country.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 12:02:57 am »
 A Russian MP is saying they  "will never recognize Israeli sovereignty in the Golan".
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/We-will-never-recognize-Israeli-sovereignty-in-the-Golan-Russian-MP-584211

They are saying this is Syrian? I also think I saw some Druze in one picture.... we may be dealing with a lot more than the mention of Palestinians.

Looks like they have made this challenge before, last October:   https://worldisraelnews.com/russia-challenges-israels-sovereignty-in-golan-heights/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 01:34:29 am »
Syria got its ass handed to them in 1948, ‘67, and ‘73, because they refused to coexist with Israel. The Golan is the price paid. Be glad that’s all.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 01:45:51 am »
Syria got its ass handed to them in 1948, ‘67, and ‘73, because they refused to coexist with Israel. The Golan is the price paid. Be glad that’s all.

Exactly.  Israel has taken a lot of gripes from the rest of the world...Golan was not one of them.  Even Turkey understands Israel had no choice there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 01:20:07 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"The trouble with annexing the West Bank is Israel would become a majority Arab country.  She would cease being a Jewish country."

Easy solution:
EXPEL the Arabs living there!
(Yes, I'm serious!)

Offline kidd

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 02:33:39 pm »
You're right.
Israel could have taken Damascus with relative ease once they cut off the weapons supplies from Iraq.