Author Topic: DEAD RISING Three hundred bodies of Mount Everest victims begin emerging through thawing ice as hot  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DEAD RISING Three hundred bodies of Mount Everest victims begin emerging through thawing ice as hot weather melts glaciers

Everest is as deadly as it is beautiful, and many have never returned from their ill-fated expeditions
By Debbie White
21st March 2019, 4:27 pm
Updated: 21st March 2019, 4:31 pm

THE bodies of about 300 Mount Everest victims are starting to emerge through thawing ice as warmer weather has melted glaciers.

Their remains have been buried in ice and snow for years – and some of the dead bodies have served as ghoulish landmarks for mountaineers scaling the perilous peak.

more w/photos
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8690439/mount-everest-victims-bodies-ice-melts-hot-weather/?utm_campaign=sunmaintwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1553186286
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Sure, it keeps getting colder here but Mt. Everest is melting. Darn you, Al Gore.

As an aside, I've never had any interest in mountain climbing but found this account of a disastrous and deadly Everest excursion - "Into Thin Air," by Jon Krakauer - fascinating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Sure, it keeps getting colder here but Mt. Everest is melting. Darn you, Al Gore.

As an aside, I've never had any interest in mountain climbing but found this account of a disastrous and deadly Everest excursion - "Into Thin Air," by Jon Krakauer - fascinating.

Good book.  There was a recent movie called "Everest" that did a really good job portraying that expedition.  If you liked the book, the movie is definitely worthwhile.