Author Topic: ‘Captain Marvel’ Review: Brie Larson Is the Beckiest Becky in Movie History  (Read 1054 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

‘Captain Marvel’ Review: Brie Larson Is the Beckiest Becky in Movie History

By John Nolte
March 16, 2019

I’m white. I’m male. I’m heterosexual. I’m Christian. I’m conservative. I’m a Trump supporter. Which means I’m also grateful… Grateful Captain Marvel star Brie Larson only requested that I not review her movie when I know she’d prefer to request my murder.

So, as a compromise, this review is late, a week late, but Captain Marvel still sucked. It doesn’t Ghostbusters-remake suck. Rather, it sucks like Doctor Strange and that second Thor movie. It just kind of lies there in a purple puddle of uninspired but busy CGI; artless and simple.

Read more at:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/16/captain-marvel-review-brie-larson-is-the-beckiest-becky-in-movie-history/
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Okay, I followed a Twitter link to this review, and I haven't exactly been a Nolte fan, but this is funny.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online goatprairie

Do any people over sixty, like my wife and me, like these superhero movies?
I'll admit to liking the original Batman with Jack Nicholson, but virtually every superhero movie I've seen in the last twenty some years has been a huge, crashing bore.
While visiting a younger brother last year who lives on the west coast, the wife and I were obliged to sit through some movie about Thor that my brother and his girlfriend promised to be super-exciting.
Let's just that the two hours or so it lasted couldn't go fast enough. I almost had to put toothpicks in my eyelids to keep them open. 
It was more stupid than dull, but it was parts both.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My loins would stir watching Gal Gadot kill my dog.

Dang straight.

The Republic is lost.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I'll admit to liking the original Batman with Jack Nicholson, but virtually every superhero movie I've seen in the last twenty some years has been a huge, crashing bore.
While visiting a younger brother last year who lives on the west coast, the wife and I were obliged to sit through some movie about Thor that my brother and his girlfriend promised to be super-exciting.
Let's just that the two hours or so it lasted couldn't go fast enough. I almost had to put toothpicks in my eyelids to keep them open. 

@goatprairie

I’m not your age but I’m generally not interested, either.  Same for my husband.  And the disinterest intensifies the more they crank them out.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Dang straight.

@Free Vulcan

Okay, I don’t have stirring loins, but she’s gorgeous.  For some mysterious reason, my husband wanted to watch Wonder Woman.  It’s a good movie, and her character is really appealing.

Offline Polly Ticks

Okay, I followed a Twitter link to this review, and I haven't exactly been a Nolte fan, but this is funny.

The snark is perfect.

if you look close enough into Sam Jackson’s eyes, you can tell he knows he’s co-starring with the blandest, most generic and personality-challenged white woman since Hayden Christensen played a young Darth Vader.
:rolling:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I just wish I knew what a "Becky" was.

Online goatprairie

I just wish I knew what a "Becky" was.
"Becky" is the disparaging term blacks use for liberal white girls/women like Larson. Supposedly, all Beckys have had an easy if not luxurious life, but still want to be down with the "struggle" for whatever black people are complaining about.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Having a comic crazy brother and a bunch of boys, I found myself in same boat as you. I just don't get the appeal of modern comics. A few spiderman movies where the kid is learning the ropes was about all I cared about.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....