Author Topic: Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank you' for funeral  (Read 2721 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank you' for funeral
By Brett Samuels - 03/20/19 03:48 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday unleashed fresh criticism of John McCain, attacking the late GOP senator for his connection to a dossier of claims about the president and Russia, his vote against a Republican effort to repeal ObamaCare and his support for the Iraq War.

Trump spent five full minutes jabbing at McCain during an official White House event intended to highlight manufacturing in Ohio. The barbs marked the fourth time in the last five days that Trump has criticized McCain, who succumbed to brain cancer last August.

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve. I don’t care about this, I didn't get a thank you. That's OK," Trump told workers at a tank factory in Lima, Ohio.

"We sent him on the way, but I wasn’t a fan of John McCain."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/434979-trump-blasts-mccain-bemoans-not-getting-thank-you-for-funeral
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank you' for funeral
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:01:41 pm »
Genius...keeping McCain's name alive as we await the Mueller Report.  Genius.    wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:44:54 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

"Trump spent five full minutes jabbing at McCain during an official White House event intended to highlight manufacturing in Ohio. The barbs marked the fourth time in the last five days that Trump has criticized McCain, who succumbed to brain cancer last August. "I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve. I don’t care about this, I didn't get a thank you. That's OK," Trump told workers at a tank factory in Lima, Ohio."

Cyber, you and I are friends; I would never say anything unkind to you.  We have a difference of opinion regarding Trump's attack on deceased McCain.  This time, Trump is taking credit for giving McCain a funeral - like, "If not for me, McCain's body would still be dead at his house."  That is the inference of saying, "'I'" gave him the kind of funeral he wanted."  AND, "I didn't get a thank you."  That is an effort to show Trump was the "bigly boss" and he "let" McCain have a funeral.  I had tears over this one - how dare Trump try to follow McCain into his grave as though McCain wouldn't be in that grave except that Trump "let him have it".
Trump has no redeeming value as a human being.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

"Trump spent five full minutes jabbing at McCain during an official White House event intended to highlight manufacturing in Ohio. The barbs marked the fourth time in the last five days that Trump has criticized McCain, who succumbed to brain cancer last August. "I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve. I don’t care about this, I didn't get a thank you. That's OK," Trump told workers at a tank factory in Lima, Ohio."

Cyber, you and I are friends; I would never say anything unkind to you.  We have a difference of opinion regarding Trump's attack on deceased McCain.  This time, Trump is taking credit for giving McCain a funeral - like, "If not for me, McCain's body would still be dead at his house."  That is the inference of saying, "'I'" gave him the kind of funeral he wanted."  AND, "I didn't get a thank you."  That is an effort to show Trump was the "bigly boss" and he "let" McCain have a funeral.  I had tears over this one - how dare Trump try to follow McCain into his grave as though McCain wouldn't be in that grave except that Trump "let him have it".

@Victoria33

Donald Trump dispatched Air Force One to shuttle the McCain family to his State Funeral in Arlington.  That is what he received less than zero thanks for, but rather a never-ending stream of insults starting the moment the ingrates stepped off the plane.  Yes, we will always have differences about the late Senior Senator from AZ.  I had the pleasure of dealing with this teeny tiny little man for the better part of 40 years, so my opinion of him and his trashy little family is not going to change in any lifetime soon.

Let's just say I feel the same way about McStain that you feel about Donald Trump and leave it at that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:18:21 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

I was recently reading Macbeth with some high school kids and we were struck by how much President Trump lacks what the Bard refers to as "king-becoming graces:"

"But I have none. The king-becoming graces,
As justice, verity, temperance, stableness,
Bounty, perseverance, mercy, lowliness,
Devotion, patience, courage, fortitude,
I have no relish of them..."

I don't know how I could endeavor to support such a man and still look my son in the eye, when I have spent countless hours imparting to him that character matters. If I'm going to sell myself that cheap, I might as well put on some biker shorts and peddle my ass down on the corner.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »
Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank you' for funeral

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/434979-trump-blasts-mccain-bemoans-not-getting-thank-you-for-funeral

Something is definitely wrong with this man.

Yes there is.  I'm glad God finally pried his clinging fingers from power and called him home to face the music.

Oh wait..that wasn't what you meant, is it? 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:20:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 10:22:56 pm »
Yes there is.  I'm glad God finally pried his clinging fingers from power and called him home to face the music.

Oh wait..that wasn't what you meant, is it?

That, sir (or ma'am), is funny.  :rolling:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 10:36:47 pm »
What the Hells wrong with him?
Instead of the news focusing on what he said about American industry, trade terrifs and a General Motors plant that is closing, now they will zero in on  his hatred for McCain.

GOD I MISS REAGAN.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 10:43:49 pm »

Hard not to see the humor in this; but everyone is eventually called home and has to face judgement by the Almighty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 10:45:37 pm »
What the Hells wrong with him?
Instead of the news focusing on what he said about American industry, trade terrifs and a General Motors plant that is closing, now they will zero in on  his hatred for McCain.

GOD I MISS REAGAN.

Nothing is wrong with the man.  He is speaking the truth and you certainly can't blame him for the MSM ignoring his accomplishments and focusing on the RINO that just passed. 

Wait till the documentaries come out and he's painted as less than a hero. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 10:47:10 pm »

I am a male...lol!   wink777
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:24 pm »
Merged topics

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 10:57:59 pm »
I had a lot of problems with McCain as a person, Senator, and presidential candidate. However, the man was elected 6 times by the AZ voters. McCain beat his 2016 opponent by 13 points. Trump won the state by 4 points. This is the kind of dumbassery that makes a red state blue, next year.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 11:02:20 pm »
I had a lot of problems with McCain as a person, Senator, and presidential candidate. However, the man was elected 6 times by the AZ voters. McCain beat his 2016 opponent by 13 points. Trump won the state by 4 points. This is the kind of dumbassery that makes a red state blue, next year.

Exactly. Comments like this does Trump no favors, but what's worse is the impression it gives of the Party he represents.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 11:04:17 pm »
Exactly. Comments like this does Trump no favors, but what's worse is the impression it gives of the Party he represents.

McCain was popular in AZ ... not so sure of his popularity beyond that.  He carried a tremendous amount of baggage and I think many just might think that Trump is justified.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 11:09:13 pm »
Say whatever you want about his politics; John McCain was an honorable man. I'm disappointed by how some regard him posthumously just because he wasn't as hard right as some would have liked.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank yo ftu' for funeral
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 11:12:00 pm »
Nothing is wrong with the man.  He is speaking the truth and you certainly can't blame him for the MSM ignoring his accomplishments and focusing on the RINO that just passed. 

Wait till the documentaries come out and he's painted as less than a hero.

The same BS stinking pile of lies they failed to sale about his military service and time as a POW during his campaign for President. He served Honorably and God bless him for that. Was he a solid conservative, Hell no and he had me fuming several times by the sides on issues he took, but let the man rest in peace instead of making a public hero out of his truly left of center daughter.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:12:46 pm by NavyCanDo »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 11:19:42 pm »
Say whatever you want about his politics; John McCain was an honorable man. I'm disappointed by how some regard him posthumously just because he wasn't as hard right as some would have liked.

He was more left than even moderate.  He did some things that really hurt this country.  The fact that he refused to step down when he knew full well that he had an very aggressive terminal cancer was par for his behavior of arrogance.

What he did with the dossier was an attempt to smear Trump and elevate Clinton.  Quite frankly, I see that as despicable, again on par for his behavior.

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump blasts McCain, bemoans not getting 'thank yo ftu' for funeral
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 11:21:51 pm »
The same BS stinking pile of lies they failed to sale about his military service and time as a POW during his campaign for President. He served Honorably and God bless him for that. Was he a solid conservative, Hell no and he had me fuming several times by the sides on issues he took, but let the man rest in peace instead of making a public hero out of his truly left of center daughter.

It is unfortunate that what he did prior to his death is still havin an affect on this country and is in the news; pretty difficult to ignore.

BTW  -- glad you're back posting.   :patriot:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 11:22:59 pm »
He was more left than even moderate.  He did some things that really hurt this country.  The fact that he refused to step down when he knew full well that he had an very aggressive terminal cancer was par for his behavior of arrogance.

What he did with the dossier was an attempt to smear Trump and elevate Clinton.  Quite frankly, I see that as despicable, again on par for his behavior.

I think Trump's mannerisms deeply offended him. He thought he was doing the right thing. I think God will forgive him for that, so we should too.
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
I think Trump's mannerisms deeply offended him. He thought he was doing the right thing. I think God will forgive him for that, so we should too.

I don't really care what McCain thought of Trump. he had absolutely NO business trying to smear him.  That's seems to be forgiven, how about forgiving this President for pushing back against someone who tried to smear him and take him down??  He's a sitting President who is now dealing with the fallout from the liberalism of J. McCain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 11:28:49 pm »

McCain was a bitter loser.  He never got over getting his ass licked in the Presidential election.  Songbird so long.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 11:30:11 pm »
John Sidney McCain III is a man who lived his entire life haunted by the knowledge that he would have wound up selling used cars in Phoenix but for his father and grandfather.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »
I don't really care what McCain thought of Trump. he had absolutely NO business trying to smear him.  That's seems to be forgiven, how about forgiving this President for pushing back against someone who tried to smear him and take him down??  He's a sitting President who is now dealing with the fallout from the liberalism of J. McCain.

I didn't fault Trump. I get it.
-Socrates