Author Topic: Schumer to introduce bill naming Senate office building after McCain amid Trump uproar  (Read 752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer to introduce bill naming Senate office building after McCain amid Trump uproar
By Jordain Carney - 03/20/19 11:24 AM EDT

Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that he will introduce a resolution to rename the Russell Senate Office building after Sen. John McCain amid a growing backlash against President Trump's recent comments about the late Arizona Republican.

"I look forward to soon re-introducing my legislation re-naming the Russell Senate Building after American hero, Senator John McCain," Schumer said in a tweet on Wednesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/434912-schumer-to-introduce-bill-naming-senate-office-building-after-mccain-amid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Schumer to introduce bill naming Senate office building after McCain amid Trump uproar
By Jordain Carney - 03/20/19 11:24 AM EDT

Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that he will introduce a resolution to rename the Russell Senate Office building after Sen. John McCain amid a growing backlash against President Trump's recent comments about the late Arizona Republican.

"I look forward to soon re-introducing my legislation re-naming the Russell Senate Building after American hero, Senator John McCain," Schumer said in a tweet on Wednesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/434912-schumer-to-introduce-bill-naming-senate-office-building-after-mccain-amid

Re-introducing the bill??  What a  888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

lol.  This could be sent to Trump to sign.  I love this show.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One worthless POS taking care of another!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And yet, there are still people out there who are adamant that John McCain was a Republican. LOL

Not only was McCain a Liberal Democrat in every sense of the word, but he was a prominent Democrat. That's why it was the Democrats who lost their minds when he died, while Republicans just said simply, 'That's a shame.'

Now we have Pelosi and Schumer and every other Democrat in Congress red faced with spittle to defend the guy. And now the Democrats want to erect statues and monuments to him. LOL You know, because McCain was such a loyal Republican. That's why the Democrats LOVE him so much.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess this proves an old bromide about the new Rats:

"The only 'good Republican' is a dead Republican."

ETA:  Just for fun, somebody should ask Chuckie Schumer why he wants to strip the name of a Deep South Democrat from the building and replace it with a Desert Southwest "Republican."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:02:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

And yet, there are still people out there who are adamant that John McCain was a Republican. LOL

Not only was McCain a Liberal Democrat in every sense of the word, but he was a prominent Democrat.

I was fooled by his 2008 GOP nomination for President and his continual re-election as AZ Senator.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I was fooled by his 2008 GOP nomination for President and his continual re-election as AZ Senator.
I know that you know very well what I mean. You are being coy. As far as his incredibly incompetent run for President, as well as his disastrous pick for VP, he virtually locked the election for Obama. I went to one of his rallies. He banned anyone from saying Obama's middle name "Hussein" and spent several minutes of his own campaign talking about what a Great guy Obama is. Also, he put Palin in a virtual lock-box even though she was generating momentum at the time, and tightly reined in anything that she may say or anywhere she wanted to go.

In short, whether through incompetence or deliberate thought he basically gave the election to Obama.

In terms of being elected as a Republican Senator in AZ, these are the same people who voted for Flake and for Sinema. So, it seems obvious at least to me, that AZ voters are unable to tell the difference between a Republican or a Democrat.

However, I respect your opinion. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. If you say McCain was a loyal Republican, then that's fine with me. I disagree, but whatever.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:17:51 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The voters weren't fooled in 2008's General election. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

I know that you know very well what I mean. You are being coy. As far as his incredibly incompetent run for President, as well as his disastrous pick for VP, he virtually locked the election for Obama. I went to one of his rallies. He banned anyone from saying Obama's middle name "Hussein" and spent several minutes of his own campaign talking about what a Great guy Obama is. Also, he put Palin in a virtual lock-box even though she was generating momentum at the time, and tightly reigned in anything that she may say or anywhere she wanted to go.

In short, whether through incompetence or deliberate thought he basically gave the election to Obama.

In terms of being elected as a Republican Senator in AZ, these are the same people who voted for Flake and for Sinema. So, it seems obvious at least to me, that AZ voters are unable to tell the difference between a Republican or a Democrat.

However, I respect your opinion. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. If you say McCain was a loyal Republican, then that's fine with me. I disagree, but whatever.

I didn't and wouldn't "say McCain was a loyal Republican"  I'm just not sure "he was a prominent Democrat."

I liked Palin.  I loved her in 2008.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The building:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I didn't and wouldn't "say McCain was a loyal Republican"  I'm just not sure "he was a prominent Democrat."

I liked Palin too. However, he should have picked someone with more tempered national experience.

McCain was caught in a bear-trap by his own tip-toe version of political correctness. Since he was dealing with a Black opponent with a distinctly Muslim name, McCain seemed to feel that it was "racist" to criticize Obama in any way or even to say his opponent's full name. Also, McCain made it clear that he was perfectly happy to see the first Black President of America elected. He said many times that he had no problem with it.

How could anybody win under these restrictions? How can you defeat an opponent which you cannot criticize? How can you defeat an opponent when you are 'afraid' even to say his name? McCain was more concerned with offending Obama somehow than he was with actually winning the election.

Then when McCain went to Washington to discuss the economic crisis at that time, he let Obama essentially lead the show. And that was the last nail.

McCain was a terrible candidate running a horrible campaign. Again, whether this was sheer incompetence or was done deliberately, the result is the same.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:46:07 pm by 240B »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I liked her then, too but the gloss is off that rose because of things she's said and done after.

McCain may not be a "loyal Democrat," but arguing against that notion might be a lot easier if he spewed some of his famous bile at Democrats.  Instead, he reserved his most bitter condemnation for conservative Republicans.  The "war hero" developed a taste for training his guns on his own side of the conflicts.
I will NOT comply.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump is a fool regarding McCain.  To put it politely, McCain was your typical self serving maggot in Congress.  But the man is dead, and Trump's talking about McCain does nothing for him or America.

And his whining about Conway's husband is just idiotic. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This will show him, because Trump will never have buildings named after him.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.