Author Topic: Pope Francis Rejects Resignation of French Cardinal Convicted of Abuse Cover-Up  (Read 243 times)

rangerrebew

Pope Francis Rejects Resignation of French Cardinal Convicted of Abuse Cover-Up

The Vatican announced Tuesday that Pope Francis had rejected the resignation of Cardinal Philippe Barbarin from his post as archbishop of Lyon, after a French court convicted Barbarin of failing to report an abusive priest.

19 Mar 20191,199

The Vatican announced Tuesday that Pope Francis had rejected the resignation of Cardinal Philippe Barbarin from his post as archbishop of Lyon, after a French court convicted Barbarin of failing to report an abusive priest.

“I can confirm that the Holy Father has not accepted the resignation tendered by Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, the archbishop of Lyon,” said the interim director of the Holy See Press Office, Alessandro Gisotti.

Cardinal Barbarin traveled to Rome to meet with Pope Francis Monday, at which time he tendered his resignation as archbishop.

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019/03/19/pope-francis-rejects-resignation-of-french-cardinal-convicted-of-abuse-cover-up/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm not Catholic so I probably should just keep my mouth shut.  But, to this outsider, it seems that the current pope is not doing Catholics any favors.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien