Author Topic: In court filing, Robert Mueller's team says it's very busy this week  (Read 459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In court filing, Robert Mueller's team says it's very busy this week
CNN Digital Expansion 2018 Katelyn Polantz

By Katelyn Polantz, CNN

Updated 6:59 PM ET, Tue March 19, 2019

Washington (CNN)Robert Mueller's prosecutors dropped yet another head-scratching signal in their latest court filing Tuesday that the special counsel investigation may be wrapping up -- or maybe it's not.

Either way, they're very busy.

Senior appellate litigator Michael Dreeben told a federal judge on Tuesday that he and his co-counsel "face the press of other work" and would like a deadline extension this week in response to a request to unseal court documents in Paul Manafort's now-wrapped criminal case.

Dreeben is working with Adam Jed, a more junior appellate lawyer on Mueller's team, to respond to the request from The Washington Post. The newspaper first approached the federal court in Washington on March 7 asking for the unsealing of Manafort documents related to his breach of plea proceedings. Its request came the same day Manafort learned his first of two prison sentences, which together totaled about 7.5 years.

On Tuesday, Dreeben and Jed asked federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who oversaw Manafort's foreign lobbying-related case and his plea, to move the deadline for their response to the Post from this Friday to April 1.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/robert-muellers-team-says-its-very-busy-this-week/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: In court filing, Robert Mueller's team says it's very busy this week
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 02:56:09 pm »
Mueller's gonna have to gin something for the media to grab onto quickly, as things are starting to develop not necessarily to his advantage.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: In court filing, Robert Mueller's team says it's very busy this week
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:59:56 pm »
Mueller's gonna have to gin something for the media to grab onto quickly, as things are starting to develop not necessarily to his advantage.

Mueller is another guy that I sincerely hope gets what he so richly deserves!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien