Author Topic: Generation Snowflake: If These 20 Things Are Causing Stress Among The Young, Wait Till They Have To  (Read 897 times)

rangerrebew

Generation Snowflake: If These 20 Things Are Causing Stress Among The Young, Wait Till They Have To Deal With Real Life
Michael Snyder 

You won’t believe some of the things that are causing “major stress” for young people in America today.  According to a brand new survey that was just released, 58 percent of all American Millennials believe that “life is more stressful right now than ever before”.  And so what is precisely making life so stressful for our young adults?  Well, apparently their phones are a big part of the problem.  In the survey, “losing phone”, “phone battery dying”, “forgetting phone charger” and “phone screen breaking” were all among the top 20 sources of stress cited by Millennials.  Also making the top 20 were “choosing what to wear” and “washing dishes”.  Here is the complete list…

https://freedomoutpost.com/generation-snowflake-if-these-20-things-are-causing-stress-among-the-young-wait-till-they-have-to-deal-with-real-life/

Offline LMAO

Well, we do have  one on this very forum that’s told us that we older folks don’t understand the “struggles” that people of his generation are facing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

"Life is hard. Then you die.".

Offline goatprairie

Well, we do have  one on this very forum that’s told us that we older folks don’t understand the “struggles” that people of his generation are facing
I remember reading some quotes from that person you're talking about. They should have tried being one of children of pioneers who crossed mountains, rivers, deserts to get to their future homes. And then it was a struggle to grow/acquire food to prevent starvation.
Young people today simply don't understand how easy it is to live today compared to just over fifty years ago when it was a pretty good life.

Offline LMAO

Imagine being part of a generation that grew up during the Great Depression  and then came of age and were drafted into a World War
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Lemme guess... a Gen-X'er wrote this strawman.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

Suck it up Buttercup.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
No surprise most of their stress is phone-centered.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I remember reading some quotes from that person you're talking about. They should have tried being one of children of pioneers who crossed mountains, rivers, deserts to get to their future homes. And then it was a struggle to grow/acquire food to prevent starvation.
Young people today simply don't understand how easy it is to live today compared to just over fifty years ago when it was a pretty good life.
And crossed oceans, too. On many wooden vesselcrossings, 1/4 or even moew qould die.

Upon arrival at their destination, they usually had another leg of their journey, and finally the absolute urgent need to erect shelter, before the first winter hit them.

The image of an adult, slapping a difficule teenager, to get attention for the urgent tasks at hand, makes sense to me.

It had to be an all-out family effort, just to stay alive under many rugged conditions.

Can you picture a kid telling his father/mother EFF U, when asked to help with vital work, on the prarrie?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Can you picture a kid telling his father/mother EFF U, when asked to help with vital work, on the prarrie?
These days, most kids don't have a father.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kidd

Imagine being part of a generation that grew up during the Great Depression  and then came of age and were drafted into a World War
LOL!

A Typical Story from the Greatest Generation:

Father lost everything in the Crash of '29. Had to move into my aunt's garage in 1930. Dad left home to find work. We had meat once a week, the rest of the week we mostly ate potatoes. Things started to get better in 1938 when dad was able to rejoin the family, but I never really learned how to play baseball or fix a car. Then Hitler invaded Poland. Joined the Navy in 1939. Was stationed in the Philippines. In late 1941, the Japanese quickly overran our position and I was captured. Lived by eating beetles. Lost 80 pounds while a POW. Lost a lot of friends from beatings by the Japanese, but I was only badly beaten twice and only have a little trouble hearing out of my left ear. MacArthur came back and I was freed in early 1945. The whole thing ended when the US dropped a couple of atomic bombs on Japan.

A Typical Story from the Snowflake Generation:
My damn iPhone only stays charged for 6 hours!

Offline goatprairie

And crossed oceans, too. On many wooden vesselcrossings, 1/4 or even moew qould die.

Upon arrival at their destination, they usually had another leg of their journey, and finally the absolute urgent need to erect shelter, before the first winter hit them.

The image of an adult, slapping a difficule teenager, to get attention for the urgent tasks at hand, makes sense to me.

It had to be an all-out family effort, just to stay alive under many rugged conditions.

Some historian said the years from 1800-1850 were closer to the year  0 in the time of Christ as far as living than they are now.   Young people today just have no idea how easy it is to live today...at least if you don't live in a third world pesthole.
I think in a previous post some years ago I mentioned helping a friend when we were both in our early twenties who was learning surveying from a guy who was in his eighties. He had worked for the state as a surveyor and was semi-retired. He was doing some surveying work for a small town in the area. This was around 1972.
When we finished with the work, we ate at a small cafe in the town. While talking about things in general the old guy started ranting about the protesters at colleges who complained about the U.S. and wanted to radically change things.
He couldn't understand it.  He said life when he was growing up around 1900 was a lot harder than it was now. That was 1972. And he was right. Many people today just have no idea how easy it is to live in a country like the U.S.

Offline The_Reader_David

Us oldsters have stress if we lose our wallet, leave our wallet home and the like.  "Phones" now function as wallet plus phone plus computer plus maps for driving plus... so of course suddenly not having one causes stress.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
We live in an Age of Hyperbole. People blow things way out of proportion. A man not being able to use a women's bathroom is as bad as lynching black people. If you don't affirm someone's decisions, you are causing them to commit suicide.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Polly Ticks

No surprise most of their stress is phone-centered.

Life imitating art.

[/geek]
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

One thing I've noticed GenZ having problems with is someone disagreeing with them or (the horror!) correcting their erroneous beliefs. Tossing facts their way is as deadly as throwing sharp knives, apparently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not a single item among the 20 has to do with climate change.

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

It appears the snowflakes also are triggered by having to buy their own laundry detergent:
... A student activist group at Sarah Lawrence College recently staged a 24-hour occupation of the campus’ main administration building and released a long list of demands of the prominent liberal arts school.

Representing minority students and calling itself “The Diaspora Coalition,” the group presented a wide range of requests, including free winter housing, free meals for students, and free laundry detergent plus softener in campus laundry facilities. Sarah Lawrence regularly tops lists of the most expensive colleges in the country and boasts students from the ranks of the wealthy and privileged.  ...
Source

Here's what it costs to attend Sarah Lawrence. Somehow, I think these idiots can come up with a few dollars for detergent and fabric softener:
Table of tuition and fees for full-time students Academic Year 2018-2019
Tuition (12-18 credits per semester)    $54,440
General College Fee    $948
Student Activities Fee    $232
Health Services Fee    $280
Room    $10,130
Meal Plan    Varies
Student Health Insurance     $3,055
Tuition Refund Insurance    $612
From the SLC website

Offline rustynail

Bless their Hearts.

Offline verga

Bless their Hearts.
I am from the south, I know what that means.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I guess that stress is just naturally part of the human condition.   The human brain must be programmed to process and respond to worry,  no matter how "easy" modern life may be from an objective standpoint.    The search for food was a stressor for cavemen,  the search for a phone charger outlet is a stressor for young folks today. 

And it's not just young folks.   I went for months with a faulty charge port on my Android device,  and adopted a routine of every two hours checking the phone to see if it was charging.   Finally replaced the damn thing last week and - voila! -  a huge cloud of stress was lifted from my mind! 

The brain naturally feeds on stress; what takes training and self-awareness is to fight the impulse to stress, especially over the small stuff. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Polly Ticks

I guess that stress is just naturally part of the human condition.   The human brain must be programmed to process and respond to worry,  no matter how "easy" modern life may be from an objective standpoint.    The search for food was a stressor for cavemen,  the search for a phone charger outlet is a stressor for young folks today. 

And it's not just young folks.   I went for months with a faulty charge port on my Android device,  and adopted a routine of every two hours checking the phone to see if it was charging.   Finally replaced the damn thing last week and - voila! -  a huge cloud of stress was lifted from my mind! 

The brain naturally feeds on stress; what takes training and self-awareness is to fight the impulse to stress, especially over the small stuff.

I think you're probably right.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline goatprairie

People take their easy lives for granted. That's just the normal human condition.
The wife and I have gone on trips and suddenly realized we left something "important" behind. Then the whining would begin.
Then we had to catch ourselves to realize the "important" thing wasn't that important, and we would survive quite nicely without it.

Offline mountaineer

I've tried to adopt the approach that the only things that are a matter of life and death are, well, life and death. Whenever I start stressing about something, I try to keep that in mind. It's not going to kill anyone, so just move on.

Offline kidd

You're right of course.

What makes snowflakes an issue is their complete inability to have any hint of an objective point of view and their total ignorance of history.
We laugh at their opinions, but what might really bothers us is that we've allowed our youth to become soft and that they will not be able to respond adequately to a real stressful issue sometime in the near future, at a time when we are too old and they are in charge.