Author Topic: Mom of slain New York City jogger Karina Vetrano takes the stand at suspected killer's retrial  (Read 389 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

ABC News   
by EMILY SHAPIRO
March 19, 2019

The mother of slain New York City jogger Karina Vetrano told the court she "was screaming in the street" when she learned her 30-year-old daughter was killed yards away from their home.

Cathie Vetrano testified for the first time Tuesday at the retrial of her daughter's accused killer, Chanel Lewis, after his first trial ended in a hung jury and was declared a mistrial in Nov. 2018.

(more)
https://news.yahoo.com/mom-slain-york-city-jogger-karina-vetrano-takes-200200529--abc-news-topstories.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I will never understand why the smoking-hot, physically fit, beautiful young women insist on jogging alone, usually in skin tight shorts or leotards. Do they never read the news? Are they oblivious to the danger? Do they think that running around alone in what is basically underwear will not attract the attention of every pervert and criminal who sees them? Of course, I'm not talking about this specific case in particular. I only mean that women in general should be more careful.

Two major dangers for young women as far as I can tell are: jogging alone, or leaving a bar alone after midnight or with some guy(s) they only met that night. And yet they keep doing it. As a guy, maybe I am simply too logical. If I were female, those are two behaviors I would stay far away from, just based on statistics.

I've lost count of the number of articles I have read concerning beautiful young women being abducted, or raped, or murdered, or all three, while jogging alone usually in a remote isolated area, or in a dangerous neighborhood, or in a bar late at night usually alone.

They say that men will never understand women. This is an example. I will never understand how physically beautiful young women put themselves into dangerous situations that even I as a man would never do.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

I will never understand why the smoking-hot, physically fit, beautiful young women insist on jogging alone, usually in skin tight shorts or leotards. Do they never read the news? Are they oblivious to the danger? Do they think that running around alone in what is basically underwear will not attract the attention of every pervert and criminal who sees them? Of course, I'm not talking about this specific case in particular. I only mean that women in general should be more careful.

Two major dangers for young women as far as I can tell are: jogging alone, or leaving a bar alone after midnight or with some guy(s) they only met that night. And yet they keep doing it. As a guy, maybe I am simply too logical. If I were female, those are two behaviors I would stay far away from, just based on statistics.

I've lost count of the number of articles I have read concerning beautiful young women being abducted, or raped, or murdered, or all three, while jogging alone usually in a remote isolated area, or in a dangerous neighborhood, or in a bar late at night usually alone.

They say that men will never understand women. This is an example. I will never understand how physically beautiful young women put themselves into dangerous situations that even I as a man would never do.
Many young women seem to be blissfully unaware of the dangers of the world. I guess many of them think they have the "right" to do whatever they want, and nobody should/will disturb them because of  that "right."
It's like all those naive, young women who go to third world countries believing that all people are great and they face no harm hiking/biking in the country. And then they get raped/murdered by third world savages.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Many young women seem to be blissfully unaware of the dangers of the world. I guess many of them think they have the "right" to do whatever they want, and nobody should/will disturb them because of  that "right."
It's like all those naive, young women who go to third world countries believing that all people are great and they face no harm hiking/biking in the country. And then they get raped/murdered by third world savages.
@goatprairie
I'm just sick of reading articles like this. "Oh I'm just going to hiking in the mountains through the forest alone. What could happen?" Did they never watch Deliverance? Did they never watch Looking for Mr. Goodbar?

You simply cannot safely go jogging through isolated trails in the countryside alone. Even I wouldn't do that. You simply cannot get into a car with strangers these days. Even I wouldn't do that.

I agree with the naivete' aspect of it. While in Israel I met several Americans who wanted to go hiking through the West Bank. Their thinking was that since they are pro-PLO, the Palestinians would never hurt. "I'm on your side!"

The PLO doesn't give a shit about that. If you are American they will take you, no matter who you are. They will sell the women or use them as a hostage for money. God! Americans are so stupid that way. "Oh yes. I'm just going on vacation to ride my bike across Mexico." LOL

Are you insane!? And yet it happens all the time. I agree completely with your cooreleation about not being able to understand 'danger' in the world, with similar behavior in America. "I'm just going to jog around through this neighborhood which I do not know, in my underwear, alone, with my Pods in to make sure that I can't hear anything." What could happen?

Women, man? Damn...just damn!