Author Topic: DHS Secretary: ‘I Am More Worried About the Ability of Bad Guys to Hijack Our Networks’ Than Our Pla  (Read 187 times)

rangerrebew

DHS Secretary: ‘I Am More Worried About the Ability of Bad Guys to Hijack Our Networks’ Than Our Planes

(CNSNews.com) – DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Monday that she’s more concerned about terrorists trying to hijack U.S. cyber networks than airplanes.

In a speech on the 2019 priorities of DHS in Washington, D.C., hosted by Auburn University, Nielsen said the nation still faces threats by “global jihadists,” but it’s also in danger from “transnational criminals, faceless cyber thugs and hackers and resurgent nation-state rivals.”

“The battle state is constantly in flux, flipping from the physical world to the virtual world and then back again all in the blink of an eye. Today I am more worried about the ability of bad guys to hijack our networks than their ability to hijack our flights, and I am concerned about them holding our infrastructure hostage, stealing our money and secrets, exploiting children online, and even hacking our very democracy,” she said.

https://www.cnsnews.com/print/2141790