Author Topic: Ted Koppel: Trump's 'Not Mistaken' That Liberal Media Are Blatantly 'Out to Get Him'  (Read 216 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Koppel: Trump's 'Not Mistaken' That Liberal Media Are Blatantly 'Out to Get Him'
By P.J. Gladnick | March 18, 2019 8:38 PM EDT

Wow! This somehow slipped beneath the radar but it is highly significant considering who said it. In fact if you read just what the person said, you might even think that most of it was spoken by someone at NewsBusters. However, what is significant, is the words were uttered by former ABC News star Ted Koppel on March 7 during a discussion with Marvin Kalb at the Carnegie Endowment for  International Peace.

I’m terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Times these days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, we’re not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago. We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago. We’re talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States.

h/t: Nicholas Ballasy who was at the event and posted the excerpt on YouTube.
Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2019/03/18/ted-koppel-trump-not-mistaken-about-biased-liberal-media

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kopple always appeared to me to be a serious newsman. Yeah,he had to do some tapdancing as speaking head for ABC,but he still seemed to find a way to get the truth through,even if it was subdued.

Let's not forget to honor Sam Donaldson while we are at it. He basically was forced into retirement for demanding Bubba Bill answer his questions about Monica.

Telling the truth seems simple to most of us,but it gets a LOT more complicated when you are risking multi-million dollar contracts and the loss of a 40 year career because you KNOW that no other news organization is going to hire you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Bill O'Reilly:
Ted Koppel Speaks the Truth
By: Bill O'Reilly
March 20, 2019

Ted Koppel speaks the truth.  Yesterday he was talking to my old Harvard professor Marvin Kalb at some seminar and told him that The New York Times, The Washington Post, and network news are all violating basic rules of journalism by trying to destroy the President of the United States.

Mr. Kalb, who obviously did not expect Koppel’s assessment, had no reply other than Trump deserves it.

Uh, professor, that’s not what reporters are supposed to do.  They are not in business to punish people they don’t like.  That is a violation of journalistic ethics.  I’m sorry, did I just write “journalistic ethics?”  Must have had a flashback to 30 years ago. ...
link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

“The New York Times, The Washington Post, and network news...”

The bicoastal media elites decided they can’t have voters deciding the outcome of an election.

So, the New York Times determined that voters must have made a mistake.

Bless their hearts.