Author Topic: Vietnam Vet Was Shot Seven Times — Now He’s Dead After a House Fire  (Read 234 times)

rangerrebew

Vietnam Vet Was Shot Seven Times — Now He’s Dead After a House Fire

Celebrated war veteran and beloved grandfather passed away when flames engulfed his Georgia home

By Anna Hopkins | March 19, 2019

An early morning house fire in rural Georgia has left a celebrated war veteran and beloved grandfather dead.

Family members confirmed that Duane Downey, 71, died during the blaze that engulfed his home in the small town of Bethlehem, Georgia, around 5 a.m. on Monday morning.

They added that he was a Vietnam veteran who survived being shot seven times and being hit with a rocket during the war.

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/03/vietnam-vet-was-shot-seven-times-now-hes-dead-of-a-house-fire/?utm_source=activeengage&utm_medium=email

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They added that he was a Vietnam veteran who survived being shot seven times and being hit with a rocket during the war.

Ok,I am calling BullBush on that one.

I question ANYONE that didn't work in Special Operations and pull multiple tours getting wounded 7 times,and I know for a fact he didn't get hit by a Chicom or Soviet rocket because he was still alive to die in the house fire.

He MAY have been hit with fragments of a rocket,but he did NOT take a direct hit. LOTS of people got hit by frags. I still have scars on both arms and hands from B-40 fragments,but didn't get a Purple Heart because they scabbed over and quit bleeding on their own,and it didn't occur to me that type of thing was considered to be an actual wound.  IMHO,a wound should require a bandage to stop the bleeding,at a minimum.

And truthfully,I suspect his who war story is BullBush he told his family,and they believed it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!