Author Topic: Legendary rock group Blondie performs in Cuba for the first time  (Read 555 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Legendary rock group Blondie performs in Cuba for the first time

Legendary American rock group Blondie performed in two concerts this weekend in Havana, sharing the stage with Cuban artists Alain Perez, David Blanco and Sintesis during the band's first appearance on the island.

"We've wanted to come here for a long time, so thank you for making it happen," lead singer Debbie Harry said.

The 73-year-old Harry and bandmates Chris Stein and Tommy Kessler on guitar; bass player Leigh Foxx; and keyboardist Matt Katz-Bohen performed on Friday night and Saturday night at Havana's famous Teatro Mella.

Read more at: https://www.efe.com/efe/english/entertainment/legendary-rock-group-blondie-performs-in-cuba-for-the-first-time/50000264-3927506#

I didn't know it but I Think someone here, I think Ranger posted a story on where she spoke negative of the president.

Let the band go to Cuba and stay there. 

This may well be a Cuban website. Babalublog.com reported on this first, I merely found an article for it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:09:54 am by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

Re: Legendary rock group Blondie performs in Cuba for the first time
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:30:06 am »
For the record Fidel Castro regarded rock and roll as a  degenerate form of music.
I find it highly amusing that while a number of very popular  musicians i.e. deluded fools like Carole King considered him some sort of folk hero (she threw a party for him one time when he visited NYC), Castro despised the lot of them.