Author Topic: Weld hammers Trump over McCain attacks: You're a 'national embarrassment'  (Read 5925 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You're pretending there would have been a probe without the dossier.  Not so!

Of course there would. What do you think the House is doing now? They have multiple ones going. You’re confusing a probe with a special counsel. There was no special counsel to investigate Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, or the Clinton emails, but there were probes.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

The dossier wasn’t publicly known until just before the inauguration. The election was long over. How did it impact the election, especially when the FBI already had their own investigation underway?

David Corn reported on the dossier's existence, conveniently, one week before the election. Since Hillary was widely believed to be a sho-in I'm sure this was considered a redundant measure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:47:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Seriously?  You need to get a grip.  Because President Trump defends himself from a traitor who worked diligently, despicably, and with malice you see that as offensive?  Quite frankly I see McCain as offensive; he maybe dead but the ramifications of the negative things that he did surrounding the election and as a U.S. Senator are still continuing.

I considered McCain a stain on AZ long before he croaked.  He's always been a vindictive little bitch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

I considered McCain a stain on AZ long before he croaked.  He's always been a vindictive little  SON OF A bitch.

Not only was he a stain on AZ but he was a stain on the whole country. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:51:47 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

???? So that makes what he did o.k.??  Really???  Last time I checked the witch hunt against Trump is still going on. 

Witch Hunt?  You sound like the unhinged and senile President, and I know you are not unhinged or senile.  What makes McCain's vote against repeal of Bammycare, his vote against the completion of a border fence, his being a lying RINO traitor, different from the man who won the GOP Presidential nomination in 2008, and won re-election in border state AZ in 2016?  I dunno.

I don't know lots of stuff, but I do know from reading many of your posts that you are a good person and I hope my admiration for your ability to defend your opinion has been consistent in our conversations.  If that wasn't clear let me point to the number of posts we have shared.  It's a lot.  Widely considered to be the mostest in terms of mostness by @Once-Ler fans.

Offline edpc

David Corn reported on the dossier's existence, conveniently, one week before the election. Since Hillary was widely believed to be a sho-in I'm sure this was considered a redundant measure.

Nobody GAF about it, because it was lost in the noise of Comey saying new Clinton emails had been found a couple days prior. There was a mad scramble to figure out what they were. That was a citadel hit on her already creaky battleship. Even Trump was praising Comey at that time.

“It took guts for Director Comey to make the move that he made in light of the kind of opposition he had where they’re trying to protect her from criminal prosecution,” he said on Oct. 31. “You know that. It took a lot of guts.”

“I was not his fan,” he added, “but I’ll tell you what: What he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-praised-comey-clinton-email

Offline Applewood

???? So that makes what he did o.k.??  Really???  Last time I checked the witch hunt against Trump is still going on.  Last time I checked McCain's vote against repeal of Bammycare still has an impact.  In 2013 he voted against the completion of a border fence; that impact is still being felt .... the list continues.  Not only was he a RINO, but I seem his as a liar and a traitor!

Quite frankly, IMHO, America is in a better place without him sitting in the Senate.

Never said McCain's alleged actions were ok.  That is not the issue.  The issue here is going on and on about it after the guy is dead.

And as for Obamacare -- which really does not relate to any role McCain played in the Steele dossier matter -- Congress could have tried to repeal after the infamous no vote from McCain. They even had time after McCain died to try again before the November election (McCain died in August 2018).  So why didn't they?  If I remember right, McConnell said something about giving up.  If Trump really cared about repealing Obamacare, he should have been chewing McConnell a new one and forcing both houses  of congress to try again.  Doesn't look like he did that.

If you are still angry about Obamacare, you should be directing your wrath toward those still living -- Trump and the Repubican majority in both houses of congress -- for not accomplishing Obamacare repeal and fulfilling the other promises they made.  Railing agsainst a dead man doed not accomplish anything.  It only deflects from the failure of Trump and the Republicans to keep their promises. 

Oh and about the so-called witch hunt:  I expect the various investigations going on now would still be going on regardless of whether McCain turned over the dossier.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:20:18 pm by Applewood »

Offline libertybele

Never said McCain's alleged actions were ok.  That is not the issue.  The issue here is going on and on about it after the guy is dead.

And as for Obamacare -- which really does not relate to any role McCain played in the Steele dossier matter -- Congress could have tried to repeal after the infamous no vote from McCain. They even had time after McCain died to try again before the November election (McCain died in August 2018).  So why didn't they?  If I remember right, McConnell said something about giving up.  If Trump really cared about repealing Obamacare, he should have been chewing McConnell a new one and forcing both houses  of congress to try again.  Doesn't look like he did that.

If you are still angry about Obamacare, you should be directing your wrath toward those still living -- Trump and the Repubican majority in both houses of congress -- for not accomplishing Obamacare repeal and fulfilling the other promises they made.  Railing agsainst a dead man doed not accomplish anything.  It only deflects from the failure of Trump and the Republicans to keep their promises. 

Oh and about the so-called witch hunt:  I expect the various investigations going on now would still be going on regardless of whether McCain turned over the dossier.

The 'issue' surrounding what John McCain did with the dossier is still on going; therefore dead or not, he's fair game.  The 'issues' surrounding what he did to this country are going going and will be for a long time; therefore dead or not, he's fair game.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Nobody GAF about it, because it was lost in the noise of Comey saying new Clinton emails had been found a couple days prior. There was a mad scramble to figure out what they were. That was a citadel hit on her already creaky battleship. Even Trump was praising Comey at that time.

“It took guts for Director Comey to make the move that he made in light of the kind of opposition he had where they’re trying to protect her from criminal prosecution,” he said on Oct. 31. “You know that. It took a lot of guts.”

“I was not his fan,” he added, “but I’ll tell you what: What he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-praised-comey-clinton-email

Fact is the dossier was publicly known before the election. I had heard about it.

Offline Applewood

The 'issue' surrounding what John McCain did with the dossier is still on going; therefore dead or not, he's fair game.  The 'issues' surrounding what he did to this country are going going and will be for a long time; therefore dead or not, he's fair game.

Well, if there are ongoing ramifications, I still don't see how beating up on McCain is going to help.  Seems to me if there are problems, the right thing to do is deal with those problems, not going around whining about a dead man. 

Actually, I believe the more Trump and his followers complain about the so-called "witch hunt," the more incentive there is for those investigating Trump to dig deeper.  It looks to me like Trump is nervous because he has something to hide.  Prosecutors and investigators are now more curious than ever to find out just what he is hiding.  It's like his complaints about SNL, CNN and even that Conway guy.  Just going to make things worse. 

Offline edpc

Fact is the dossier was publicly known before the election. I had heard about it.

As Kellyanne might say, the alternative fact was it had no impact and nobody really cared about it, until Buzzfeed printed it in early 2017.

Offline skeeter

Well, if there are ongoing ramifications, I still don't see how beating up on McCain is going to help.  Seems to me if there are problems, the right thing to do is deal with those problems, not going around whining about a dead man. 

Actually, I believe the more Trump and his followers complain about the so-called "witch hunt," the more incentive there is for those investigating Trump to dig deeper.  It looks to me like Trump is nervous because he has something to hide.  Prosecutors and investigators are now more curious than ever to find out just what he is hiding.  It's like his complaints about SNL, CNN and even that Conway guy.  Just going to make things worse.

There is talk about McCain because it came out in recently released transcripts. Those transcripts are damning to the whole dossier narrative. And we're not supposed to talk about it because its poor form? Sorry that won't fly.

Regarding the  'witch hunt' rap, you are drawing an opposite conclusion to most people, apparently. A USA Today/Suffolk University survey says a majority, who just a few months ago were willing to give Mueller credit, now agree with Trump and his supporters that it is indeed a 'witch hunt'.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
McCain?
Probably the most wasted vote I ever cast...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The songbird will never rest. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Who is this guy, McCain?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The problem is not just Trump.  If the news media reported the truth, Trump would not feel it necessary to communicate via his tweets.  The news media with their intentional fake news is the catalyst that prompts Trump to respond.

However, on McCain and Conway's husband, these people just are not worth mentioning.  There are more important issues to address.

Offline mountaineer

Interesting insight (from Twitter):
Jack Posobiec  Verified account @JackPosobiec
7h7 hours ago

I’ve never told this story before but I was deployed to Guantanamo Bay when McCain came down in 2013 and was asked to give him a briefing as part of his review

For obvious reasons I cannot dicuss the content of the briefing as it was a national security matter But I can discuss McCain’s demeanor.

He constantly interrupted everyone in the meeting with questions that had nothing to do with what we were talking about. Which was an active threat to national security.

Instead he acted like he wasn’t paying attention and started firing off random questions. At one point he accused me of violating the rights of the detainees for not allowing them to stand trial. Mind you I was an E5 at the time I had nothing to do with that. The JAG saved me.

Then instead of asking any follow-ups, he decided to berate the Admiral and Captain in the room (CO of JTF-GTMO and the J2). He started raising his voice at them, insulting them personally, and kept reminding them they “hadn’t served like he served.” All of this was unprompted.

His rant went on nearly 10 mins long. All while I was at modified parade rest in the front of the brief not knowing what the frak was going on. In the end, Feinstein and McDonough calmed him down and they ended up being very polite. I sat down at the end.

After all his screaming, and cursing, the delegation left the room and we all looked at each other not really sure just what had happened. He got home and his staff issued a prewritten press release that had nothing to do with anything discussed or that took place on the trip.

I’m told he was like that to just about everyone in private. He didn’t care about us, he cared about John McCain.
He went on to serve in the US Senate another 5 years. I’m glad I voted for my own dad in 2008.
/End
1:40 AM - 21 Mar 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Interesting insight (from Twitter):

Sounds just like something the POS would do.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans tell Trump he's embarrassing himself in McCain feud
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2019, 12:57:14 pm »
 The Washington Times ›

Republicans tell Trump he's embarrassing himself in McCain feud
March 20, 2019

President Trump complained Wednesday that he was never thanked for allowing Sen. John McCain’s funeral celebration, escalating a feud with the McCain family and drawing the ire of senators on Capitol Hill who told the president he was embarrassing himself.

Mr. Trump, during a speech to workers at an Army tank plant in Ohio, took a detour in his remarks to blame the press for picking at years of scar tissue between the two men which has lasted even beyond McCain’s death in August.

The president said he has “certain reasons” for disliking the former senator, including his votes to sink an Obamacare-repeal bill and his role in helping ensure the salacious anti-Trump dossier compiled by Christopher Steele made its way to the FBI in 2016.

But Mr. Trump added new complaints, too, saying he didn’t get the appreciation he deserved after the week-long commemoration of McCain last summer.

more
https://www.outline.com/rfkZAp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds just like something the POS would do.

Even members of the press I talked to back in '01 related very similar stories.  Said he was the biggest A-hole in politics.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Looks like someone is thinking!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Republicans tell Trump he's embarrassing himself in McCain feud
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2019, 02:22:58 pm »
He is.  The guy is dead.  Its a personality problem with Trump.  He can't let things go.  Just like Sessions.  Its very immature and signals a mental health issue.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

I'm puzzled by the notion that no one may speak ill of the dead. We don't have any problem speaking ill of people like Manson, Hitler, Whitey Bulger, et al., do we? McCain may not have been a mass murderer, but he still was a piece of crap.

My only objection to Trump criticizing him is that it's a waste of time. Please, el presidente, do something more important with your time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:59:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm puzzled by the notion that no one may speak ill of the dead. We don't have any problem speaking ill of people like Manson, Hitler, Whitey Bulger, et al., to we? McCain may not have been a mass murderer, but he still was a piece of crap.

My only objection to Trump criticizing him is that it's a waste of time. Please, el presidente, do something more important with your time.

That about sizes it up for me.  My displeasure with McCain is the stuff of legends.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I'm puzzled by the notion that no one may speak ill of the dead. We don't have any problem speaking ill of people like Manson, Hitler, Whitey Bulger, et al., do we? McCain may not have been a mass murderer, but he still was a piece of crap.

Yep. It gives the media an opportunity to take a throw away comment and make it sound like Queeg-like strawberry obsession.