Author Topic: Weld hammers Trump over McCain attacks: You're a 'national embarrassment'  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Exactly. I follow news fairly regularly and I said ‘who’ when he announced he’d run in 2020.
Oh, that explains why this guy is trying to achieve notoriety by joining the conga line.  Maybe if he kicks a little bit higher... **nononono*

Pathetic Democrats Communists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

Wasn't Weld Gary Johnson's VP candidate?   :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Someone PLEASE tell Weld to ESAD.

I realize that involves cannibalism,but this isn't a perfect world that we live in or the SOB would have never been elected to start with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

From memory today on AM radio:

Recent poll, hasTrump's approval, and disapproval increasingly favorable.

His numbers are BETTER than Reagan, Clinton, Obama at this point in their 1st terms--and they all won re-election.

Trump's Nov. 2018 midterm congressional result was not as bad as Xlinton or Obama, who won re-election."deranged" #nevertrumpers' emotions and daily gotcha articles, posts notwithstanding.

Again trending for re-election in 2020. Dems fighting over to go for 1972 (Nixon won 49 states vs. the most far left opponent), or 1992 (Clinton won as centrist). Biden comes closest to "centrist." He is 76.

Is it possible to be too honest? Well, no matter. It is what it is.

Donald Trump is one the most forthright Presidents in my lifetime – the other was Reagan (though being of a different generation, Reagan had more refinement, wit and class). Trump speaks the truth, though. And they can’t handle the truth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://thebulwark.com/exclusive-sen-johnny-isakson-stands-up-for-mccain-unloads-on-trump/

Trump is a slug

@Once-Ler

It is only natural that you and the other Dim Fascists would defend McLunatic. He was one of yours,a bald-faced liar,grifter,traitor,and petty little bitch.

Offline aligncare

The very nature of a political ecosphere is the absolute definition of alternative realities – as is witnessed right here on this thread.

Offline Victoria33

OK, but though the tweets this weekend covered a variety of things and were seemingly random, they were also subject specific. There wasn’t anything really publicly new about the investigation over the weekend, but he went after it and its genesis. Why? Only he know, but we did find this out on Tuesday.
“Counsel responsible for preparing the response face the press of other work and require additional time to consult within the government,” Deputy Solicitor General Michael R. Dreeben and prosecutor Adam C. Jed wrote in a filing, according to the Post.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/434842-mueller-team-asks-court-for-delay-citing-press-of-other-work-in-case
What other work and with whom are they consulting? Just a random guess, on my part, but I think he has an inkling about it.
@edpc

I believe you are right.  I posted a link to Wikipedia which explains about the dossier and near the end of the article it says the specifics in the dossier continue to be found true as the investigation continues.  I was surprised to read that.  Perhaps that is why Trump is upset, he has found out the Mueller report certifies the information in the dossier as being true, down to the women he had urinate on the bed. Comey's book lists the number of times Trump talks to him about the dossier; Trump was fixated on the women part, telling Comey over and over that was not true and he asked Comey to tell his wife (Trump's wife), it was not true.  If he now knows what is said about the dossier in the report, he is blaming McCain for it before the report comes out; hang it on McCain since McCain can't answer him.  When something goes wrong, Trump will blame someone else and is doing that now.

Another point:
In the past few days, I heard a prior Southern District attorney speak about executive privilege.  Executive privilege begins when a president is sworn in.  Before that minute, there is no executive privilege, so anything Trump did/said during the campaign is not privileged. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler

It is only natural that you and the other Dim Fascists would defend McLunatic. He was one of yours,a bald-faced liar,grifter,traitor,and petty little bitch.
@sneakypete I don't understand those words in the order you wrote them.  Are you saying McCain wasn't a life long Republican?  That's your party, and a great reason I'm not defending McCain. 

I'm slandering Trump.  That's my thing. 

I don't mention McCain until President Scrooge gets haunted by a Big-Mac induced nightmare about McCain's ghost and the Mango Mussolini has a twitter tantrum.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete I don't understand those words in the order you wrote them.  Are you saying McCain wasn't a life long Republican?  That's your party, and a great reason I'm not defending McCain. 

@Once-Ler

McLunatic could have been your brother. He PRETENDED to be a Republican because that was what he needed to do to get elected,but he was a life-long weasel who never cared a thing about anyone or anything other than  himself.

Frankly,I am shocked you don't love him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wasn't Weld Gary Johnson's VP candidate?   :shrug:
At his core he is nothing more than another mushy-middlle "Republican."

That position is already taken, many times over.

ot Kasich, Jebby, etc.?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc

I believe you are right.  I posted a link to Wikipedia which explains about the dossier and near the end of the article it says the specifics in the dossier continue to be found true as the investigation continues.  I was surprised to read that.  Perhaps that is why Trump is upset, he has found out the Mueller report certifies the information in the dossier as being true, down to the women he had urinate on the bed. Comey's book lists the number of times Trump talks to him about the dossier; Trump was fixated on the women part, telling Comey over and over that was not true and he asked Comey to tell his wife (Trump's wife), it was not true.  If he now knows what is said about the dossier in the report, he is blaming McCain for it before the report comes out; hang it on McCain since McCain can't answer him.  When something goes wrong, Trump will blame someone else and is doing that now.

Another point:
In the past few days, I heard a prior Southern District attorney speak about executive privilege.  Executive privilege begins when a president is sworn in.  Before that minute, there is no executive privilege, so anything Trump did/said during the campaign is not privileged.

I’m not certain I subscribe to the more salacious parts, but some aspects have proven out, such as the continued effort through at least mid 2016 to pursue the Moscow project, Manafort’s money issues with Ukraine, and previous associations with criminally connected people like Agalarov. That’s extended the reach into his business practices, which I believe is what he fears most.

As far as privilege goes, my feeling is that concerns potential actions taken or attempted, once in office. We’ve heard some about Trump and McGahn clashing over issues. We know McGahn resigned and spoke with Mueller at length. Those conversations are what may be among the things they want to cover under privilege.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

@Once-Ler
@sneakypete
McLunatic could have been your brother.

You and @Right_in_Virginia have a psycho-analysis talent in common.

He PRETENDED to be a Republican because that was what he needed to do to get elected,but he was a life-long weasel who never cared a thing about anyone or anything other than  himself.

Frankly,I am shocked you don't love him.

You seem desperate to have me defend McCain so here goes...I like how McCain didn't have bone spurs.  Happy? happy77

Offline QueenCatofAragon

This is the President's all too human reaction to the sworn testimony ... which puts beyond speculation what a complete and unrelenting slime ball McCain was in life.  McCain's pure, unadulterated jealousy that Donald Trump won the office he coveted helped put this entire country through hell for more than two years.  McCain knew the dossier wasn't true, he could have tried to stop it for the good of the country ... but instead this lowlife gave it to everyone, including the press.

McCain's pure, unadulterated hatred also left Obamacare on the table --- even though McCain campaigned on the promise to end it.  This makes him a liar who again proved his life was not about "country first", but personal vengeance and malicious gratification.  Let's not forget the Keating Five, Campaign Finance Reform and his support of ISIS in Syria.

And remember also McCain's very last act on this earth was one of vengeance ---  A funeral his position did not justify punctuated with hate from the grave for the man who won the office he so deservedly lost. 

McCain didn't stop his attacks after death.  Others returning the favor is the karma McCain, himself, has earned.

@Right_in_Virginia

If Trump’s tweets are an all too human reaction, those of McCain’s widow and daughter must be even more so.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline libertybele

@Victoria33

Unfortunately, as you cam see from this thread, there are plenty of voters who would vote for Trump again in 2020, no matter what he says or does (or, in the case of his promises, doesn't do).

Seriously?  You need to get a grip.  Because President Trump defends himself from a traitor who worked diligently, despicably, and with malice you see that as offensive?  Quite frankly I see McCain as offensive; he maybe dead but the ramifications of the negative things that he did surrounding the election and as a U.S. Senator are still continuing. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Seriously?  You need to get a grip.  Because President Trump defends himself from a traitor who worked diligently, despicably, and with malice you see that as offensive?  Quite frankly I see McCain as offensive; he maybe dead but the ramifications of the negative things that he did surrounding the election and as a U.S. Senator are still continuing.

@libertybele
Who needs to get a grip?  You admit the President is defending himself from a dead man. *bouche*

Offline Applewood

McCain's actions apparently had no effect on the 2016 election since Trump still won.

Offline Applewood

@libertybele
Who needs to get a grip?  You admit the President is defending himself from a dead man. *bouche*

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Not what I said at all; he's defending himself from the ramifications of what the s.o.b. did.  The result of what McCain did to Trump is still being reported and Trump is reacting and rightfully so. The negative influence and affect he had on America and the GOP will be felt for a very long time regardless of the fact that he's six feet under. 

I knew that there was little difference in voting for McCain or Bammy; the only difference was that one would destruct this country quicker than the other. So I voted for neither. I was absolutely correct!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

McCain's actions apparently had no effect on the 2016 election since Trump still won.

That’s a foolish conclusion to make. Imagine how successful he would have been if the election of Trump had been met with acceptance instead of resistance (from party republicans – never mind the democrats!).

And yet, despite being hamstrung by a fraudulent special counsel investigation and opposition from some in his own party (name McCain ring a bell?), Trump still managed to accomplish some good, conservative things.

Offline edpc

Not what I said at all; he's defending himself from the ramifications of what the s.o.b. did.  The result of what McCain did to Trump is still being reported and Trump is reacting and rightfully so. The negative influence and affect he had on America and the GOP will be felt for a very long time regardless of the fact that he's six feet under. 

I knew that there was little difference in voting for McCain or Bammy; the only difference was that one would destruct this country quicker than the other. So I voted for neither. I was absolutely correct!

You’re pretending like there aren’t things unrelated to the dossier that would still warrant a probe. Just ask the man who was put in charge of investigating the potential FISA abuses. Trump has engaged in questionable business practices, shady financing, and surrounded himself with criminals. He’s either corrupt or the unluckiest mofo on Earth.

MARGARET BRENNAN: The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?

REP. GOWDY: No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/05/gowdy_there_is_a_russia_investigation_without_a_dossier.html#!

Offline libertybele

???? So that makes what he did o.k.??  Really???  Last time I checked the witch hunt against Trump is still going on.  Last time I checked McCain's vote against repeal of Bammycare still has an impact.  In 2013 he voted against the completion of a border fence; that impact is still being felt .... the list continues.  Not only was he a RINO, but I seem his as a liar and a traitor!

Quite frankly, IMHO, America is in a better place without him sitting in the Senate.

Offline libertybele

You’re pretending like there aren’t things unrelated to the dossier that would still warrant a probe. Just ask the man who was put in charge of investigating the potential FISA abuses. Trump has engaged in questionable business practices, shady financing, and surrounded himself with criminals. He’s either corrupt or the unluckiest mofo on Earth.

REP. GOWDY: No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/05/gowdy_there_is_a_russia_investigation_without_a_dossier.html#!

No, I'm definitely not pretending at all.  McCain tried to influence and impact this election.  McCain is a liar and a traitor; his negative Senate record speaks for itself.  As for his military record; that's a whole other issue.  Stories that the media and gov't tell are far different than those who served during his time in Vietnam.  I believe them over the media and the gov't any day.  He was no hero.  No, definitely not pretending.

Offline edpc

No, I'm definitely not pretending at all.  McCain tried to influence and impact this election.  McCain is a liar and a traitor; his negative Senate record speaks for itself.  As for his military record; that's a whole other issue.  Stories that the media and gov't tell are far different than those who served during his time in Vietnam.  I believe them over the media and the gov't any day.  He was no hero.  No, definitely not pretending.

The dossier wasn’t publicly known until just before the inauguration. The election was long over. How did it impact the election, especially when the FBI already had their own investigation underway?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You're pretending there would have been a probe without the dossier.  Not so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien