Author Topic: Weld hammers Trump over McCain attacks: You're a 'national embarrassment'  (Read 5952 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Weld hammers Trump over McCain attacks: You're a 'national embarrassment'
By Tal Axelrod - 03/19/19 05:39 PM EDT

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, who last month announced a committee to explore a GOP primary challenge to President Trump, slammed the president Tuesday as a “national embarrassment” over his recent criticisms of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

“@realDonaldTrump 's continued attacks on John McCain are contemptible and beneath the dignity of our American democracy,” Weld tweeted Tuesday. “While @realDonaldTrump's senseless attacks on allies have become all too common, his defamation of a deceased American hero has reached a new low and raises serious concerns about his mental stability and moral integrity.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/434804-weld-hammers-trump-over-mccain-attacks-youre-a-national-embarrassment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

No actually, McCain was the national embarrassment!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

I hope ex governor Bill Weld didn't think his weighing in on the issue was going to change a single damn mind.

Offline Applewood

Trump is on his way to claiming that title. 

And somebody please tell Mr. Weld the US  is a REPUBLIC, not a democracy.  As a Harvard grad, he should know that. 

Or is Mr. Weld vying for the title of national embarrassment too?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bill Weld is a national embarassment.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Bill Weld is a national embarassment.

Would be if anyone knew who he is but they don't so he isn't.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Would be if anyone knew who he is but they don't so he isn't.

Exactly. I follow news fairly regularly and I said ‘who’ when he announced he’d run in 2020.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan wrote:
"Bill Weld is a national embarassment."

He certainly is one to Republicans!

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

â€œWhile @realDonaldTrump's senseless attacks on allies have become all too common, his defamation of a deceased American hero has reached a new low and raises serious concerns about his mental stability and moral integrity.”

Congressional members are now talking about this strange mental behavior of Trump who cannot stop berating a man even though he is dead.  This has been going on for a few days now - Trump can't quit and won't.  It would be strange if his obsessing on McCain lead to his being removed due to the 25th amendment.  McCain would win from his grave.

Offline libertybele

@mystery-ak

â€œWhile @realDonaldTrump's senseless attacks on allies have become all too common, his defamation of a deceased American hero has reached a new low and raises serious concerns about his mental stability and moral integrity.”

Congressional members are now talking about this strange mental behavior of Trump who cannot stop berating a man even though he is dead.  This has been going on for a few days now - Trump can't quit and won't.  It would be strange if his obsessing on McCain lead to his being removed due to the 25th amendment.  McCain would win from his grave.

Link please??

So ... let me get this straight.  McCain, a sitting U.S. Senator interferes with an election and tries to seat a candidate of the opposite party, and that behavior is seen as o.k., but the man who was the victim, and who won in spite of the corruption thrown at him is seen as having strange mental behavior for voicing his disapproval?  The one who should be seen as having strange mental behavior is John Traitor McCain!  Dead or not, what he did is illegal, immoral and should be unacceptable to everyone!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm looking at Trump's Twitter feed, it's not like constant Tweets about McCain or anything. There are a few, not as many as I expected.

Offline Applewood

Link please??

So ... let me get this straight.  McCain, a sitting U.S. Senator interferes with an election and tries to seat a candidate of the opposite party, and that behavior is seen as o.k., but the man who was the victim, and who won in spite of the corruption thrown at him is seen as having strange mental behavior for voicing his disapproval?  The one who should be seen as having strange mental behavior is John Traitor McCain!  Dead or not, what he did is illegal, immoral and should be unacceptable to everyone!

The behavior is "strange" because he is bringing up the alleged actions of a man who is dead.  Grownups with class stop ragging on a person when that person is no longer around.

Really, what does harping about this now really do?  You said yourself Trump won.  How does bringing it up now benefit Trump when he won the presidency anyway?  McCain is in the grave, so he can't be investigated or prosecuted  There is nothing that can be done to undo whatever McCain did.  So again, why bring it up?

And by the way, why the dig about McCain's academic record at the Naval Academy?  At least, it is known that McCain wasn't a good student.  We don't know about Trump's recorcd.  For all we know, Trump could have been the class dunce. 

Trump is petty, childish and totally lacking in class.  He's a 12-year-old  in the body of a man who is over 70.  It's time he grows up and acts like a real president.  That he can't seem to do so makes me wonder if the allegations about his present mental state are true.

Offline Victoria33

The history of the dossier is below at the link.  It was Christopher Steele whose investigation put together the dossier and it was Steele who gave it in its entirety to the FBI for them to investigate.  The FBI worked with Steele, whom they had worked with before, and knew him to be credible.  McCain had nothing to do with that.  He was given a copy at some point, knew nothing of the investigation, and gave it to the FBI to investigate as he did not know whether it was true or not, and that is what he should have done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2%80%93Russia_dossier

Offline edpc

The history of the dossier is below at the link.  It was Christopher Steele whose investigation put together the dossier and it was Steele who gave it in its entirety to the FBI for them to investigate.  The FBI worked with Steele, whom they had worked with before, and knew him to be credible.  McCain had nothing to do with that.  He was given a copy at some point, knew nothing of the investigation, and gave it to the FBI to investigate as he did not know whether it was true or not, and that is what he should have done.

In all likelihood, there’s something going on with the Mueller report he knows about, but we don’t. Just looking at recent developments, over the past few days, it makes sense. Out of nowhere, he starts ranting about McCain, the dossier, and the investigation. Discussions about executive privilege arise, Rosenstein decides to stick around a little longer, and news Mueller is funded through September comes out. I doubt that’s all coincidental.

Offline libertybele

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2%80%93Russia_dossier

McCain delivered the dossier to Comey.  Secondly, McCain turned the dossier over in hopes that it would help to smear Trump.  Third, McCain lied about being the source for BuzzFeed after it published the dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/court-files-reveal-role-of-mccain-aide-in-spreading-anti-trump-dossier

Offline Victoria33

The behavior is "strange" because he is bringing up the alleged actions of a man who is dead.  Grownups with class stop ragging on a person when that person is no longer around.

And by the way, why the dig about McCain's academic record at the Naval Academy?  At least, it is known that McCain wasn't a good student.  We don't know about Trump's recorcd.  For all we know, Trump could have been the class dunce. 

He's a 12-year-old  in the body of a man who is over 70.  It's time he grows up and acts like a real president.  That he can't seem to do so makes me wonder if the allegations about his present mental state are true.
@Applewood

"That he can't seem to do so makes me wonder if the allegations about his present mental state are true."

You get it. This obsessing over a dead man he wants to hurt won't stop until Trump dies.  Years ago, a woman reporter from England rejected him for sex and he sent her nasty messages for 20 yrs., until she told him if he did it again, she would get a lawyer and stop him - then he quit.  Trump was married to his present wife when he tried to get the reporter to sleep with him.

Since Trump can't get to McCain, he is attacking the family to try to hurt them.  This is aberrant behavior - mentally sick behavior.

In past years, I heard McCain talking about his years at the Naval Academy.  He was young, I think 17, when he went there and McCain said he was a rascal having fun instead of turning in work.  That did not mean he was not smart, it meant he did not abide by the rules and turn in his work.  My guess is he likely skipped classes, too, a rascal would do that.

From Trump's early behavior, I think he had/has a learning disability and has difficulty reading.  I believe his grades to be poor due to that (and he had Cohen threaten the schools to keep his grades secret) and he attacked others to bring them down because he could not be on a level with them in reading/learning.  He does not read to this day; he has someone read and tell him what it says.  From age 2 his father could not handle him.  Yes, he did physically attack his music teacher when he was 9 years old.  Because he could not be controlled, his father sent him to military school to try to change his behavior.  His behavior is still as it was then.

If he doesn't stop attacking the McCain family, it may bring him down by either removal or losing in 2020.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
From memory today on AM radio:

Recent poll, hasTrump's approval, and disapproval increasingly favorable.

His numbers are BETTER than Reagan, Clinton, Obama at this point in their 1st terms--and they all won re-election.

Trump's Nov. 2018 midterm congressional result was not as bad as Xlinton or Obama, who won re-election."deranged" #nevertrumpers' emotions and daily gotcha articles, posts notwithstanding.

Again trending for re-election in 2020. Dems fighting over to go for 1972 (Nixon won 49 states vs. the most far left opponent), or 1992 (Clinton won as centrist). Biden comes closest to "centrist." He is 76.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Right_in_Virginia

In all likelihood, there’s something going on with the Mueller report he knows about, but we don’t.

This is the President's all too human reaction to the sworn testimony ... which puts beyond speculation what a complete and unrelenting slime ball McCain was in life.  McCain's pure, unadulterated jealousy that Donald Trump won the office he coveted helped put this entire country through hell for more than two years.  McCain knew the dossier wasn't true, he could have tried to stop it for the good of the country ... but instead this lowlife gave it to everyone, including the press.

McCain's pure, unadulterated hatred also left Obamacare on the table --- even though McCain campaigned on the promise to end it.  This makes him a liar who again proved his life was not about "country first", but personal vengeance and malicious gratification.  Let's not forget the Keating Five, Campaign Finance Reform and his support of ISIS in Syria.

And remember also McCain's very last act on this earth was one of vengeance ---  A funeral his position did not justify punctuated with hate from the grave for the man who won the office he so deservedly lost. 

McCain didn't stop his attacks after death.  Others returning the favor is the karma McCain, himself, has earned.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If he doesn't stop attacking the McCain family, it may bring him down by either removal or losing in 2020.

This is delusional thinking @Victoria33  --- on so very many levels.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Weld is a loyalist to HR Clinton.  He is her pawn.

And Trump spoke the unvarnished truth on McCain.  McCain was a rat, and did nothing but harm to the Republican Party.  And contrary to some on this thread, he played a greater role in the dossier.  It was his way to destroy Trump, and he used every fiber to do that, including voting against a piece of legislation he campaigned on.

McCain was a rotten political maggot.  So tired of his type of ilk in our governance.  I fully understand Trump's behavior, but better to let it rest.

Offline Applewood

@Victoria33

Unfortunately, as you cam see from this thread, there are plenty of voters who would vote for Trump again in 2020, no matter what he says or does (or, in the case of his promises, doesn't do). 

Offline Applewood

McCain didn't stop his attacks after death.  Others returning the favor is the karma McCain, himself, has earned.

Um...how could McCain attack anyone after he is dead? 

By the way -- the things that were said and done supposedly by McCain in his last days -- I have my doubts those were his words or actions.  At the end, I doubt he was in any condition to do or say things on his own.  Most likely, it was his family or representatives who spoke and acted for him. 

Regardless -- I ask again -- what purpose does it serve to go after McCain now that he's dead? 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Victoria33

Unfortunately, as you cam see from this thread, there are plenty of voters who would vote for Trump again in 2020, no matter what he says or does (or, in the case of his promises, doesn't do).

There are also quite a number of people like me who did not vote for him last time but surely will next time if he continues to perform his duties as he has done thus far.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

This is the President's all too human reaction to the sworn testimony ... which puts beyond speculation what a complete and unrelenting slime ball McCain was in life.  McCain's pure, unadulterated jealousy that Donald Trump won the office he coveted helped put this entire country through hell for more than two years.  McCain knew the dossier wasn't true, he could have tried to stop it for the good of the country ... but instead this lowlife gave it to everyone, including the press.

McCain's pure, unadulterated hatred also left Obamacare on the table --- even though McCain campaigned on the promise to end it.  This makes him a liar who again proved his life was not about "country first", but personal vengeance and malicious gratification.  Let's not forget the Keating Five, Campaign Finance Reform and his support of ISIS in Syria.

And remember also McCain's very last act on this earth was one of vengeance ---  A funeral his position did not justify punctuated with hate from the grave for the man who won the office he so deservedly lost. 

OK, but though the tweets this weekend covered a variety of things and were seemingly random, they were also subject specific. There wasn’t anything really publicly new about the investigation over the weekend, but he went after it and its genesis. Why? Only he know, but we did find this out on Tuesday.

“Counsel responsible for preparing the response face the press of other work and require additional time to consult within the government,” Deputy Solicitor General Michael R. Dreeben and prosecutor Adam C. Jed wrote in a filing, according to the Post.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/434842-mueller-team-asks-court-for-delay-citing-press-of-other-work-in-case

What other work and with whom are they consulting? Just a random guess, on my part, but I think he has an inkling about it.