Author Topic: Trump administration announces plan to put more ethanol in gasoline  (Read 214 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Welfare program for farmers and a way to destroy old cars to boot.  When Obama mandated this stuff, we screamed. I suppose we are supposed to cheer now.

The Environmental Protection Agency rolled out a plan to allow more ethanol in the nation's gasoline supply Tuesday, after a long wait that had Cabinet officials sparring over the timing of the plan.

“Consistent with President Trump’s direction, EPA is working to propose and finalize these changes by the summer driving season,” said EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler.
The proposed regulations would allow 15-percent ethanol fuels to be sold year-round, including in the summer. The high-ethanol fuel is currently banned by the EPA for sale during the summer driving season, which begins June 1, because of its high fuel volatility rating, which can hurt engine performance and can contribute to smog, especially during summer.....

Trump promised the rule change last year to Iowa farmers and corn ethanol producers as part of a grand bargain with oil refiners.....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/trump-administration-announces-plan-to-put-more-ethanol-in-gasoline?fbclid=IwAR0kn64w__iZgaZOJojlDZwMxCNx6SMEWoWacUFOTpFTFQoEOO9DQJ4U3fM.....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump administration announces plan to put more ethanol in gasoline
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:23 pm »
Stupid!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump administration announces plan to put more ethanol in gasoline
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:30:15 pm »
 888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.