Author Topic: Missouri preschoolers were allegedly forced to stand naked in closet as punishment  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Missouri preschoolers were allegedly forced to stand naked in closet as punishment
By Justin Wise - 03/19/19 05:08 PM EDT

A pair of St. Louis teachers were placed on administrative leave in light of accusations that preschool students were forced to stand in a closet naked as a form of punishment.

The teachers allegedly carried out this discipline while leading a Head Start program operated by Southern Illinois University Edwardsville at the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center, according to KMOV4, a local news affiliate.

SIUE Police Chief Kevin Schmoll told the station that criminal action and "some charges" could result from its findings.

"Children would misbehave in class and the teacher would have them disrobe and stand them, make them stand inside a closet for five or 10 minutes as their discipline," Schmoll said. "Then they would redress and join the class."

Schmoll said that this form of punishment had been carried out since February and that four of the 20 students in the class were forced to take off their clothing after misbehaving. The students were between the ages of 4 and 5.

Police were notified about the accusations last week, according to KMOV4.

The teacher accused of punishing students in an inappropriate way is 26 and has worked as a teacher with Head Start for three years, police told the news station. A second teacher, who has been with the program for five years, was also placed on leave for allegedly seeing the punishment and failing to report it.

KMOV4 noted that the charges could be filed after children are interviewed at the Children’s Advocacy Center in Belleville, Mo.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/434797-missouri-preschoolers-were-allegedly-forced-to-stand-naked-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

??? Placed on administrative leave?  They should have been fired!  What they did is just plain sick.   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Stripping the prisoners has been the M.O. of concentration camps through time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

FWIW, this was not in Missouri. It was East St. Louis, IL, and Belleville also is in Illinois. Sloppy reporting from The Hill.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

This happened a month or two ago and your right not in Missouri although I wonder how often it goes on with children that are young and not necessarily able to communicate their feelings to their parents. I have also heard of children in the special ed being put down and yelled at by teachers calling them stupid and many derogatory names one child was smart enough to tape teachers and it was awful I listened to the tape.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This happened a month or two ago and your right not in Missouri although I wonder how often it goes on with children that are young and not necessarily able to communicate their feelings to their parents. I have also heard of children in the special ed being put down and yelled at by teachers calling them stupid and many derogatory names one child was smart enough to tape teachers and it was awful I listened to the tape.

Bet lawyers are ringing their phones off the wall.  The next big story on this item will be "settlements"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

There recently was a case* in my state of special ed teachers treating students abusively. I don't understand why some people become teachers.

*Link
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:03:03 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There recently was a case in my state of special ed teachers treating students abusively. I don't understand why some people become teachers.
The College I went to had been a reacher's school a couple decades earlier, so education majors still abounded. They never used the first person singular pronoun, always asking how "we" were doing, even when talking with only one person. Pretty easy to spot.

I honestly think some went into teaching because they didn't know what else to do. Many were there looking for 'Mrs degrees', and it offered a low energy fallback position if that failed, at least compared to a Chemistry Major, Physics, Geology, Bio, or pre-med. Some really wanted to teach, and, even then there may have been a few predatory types, but then all that was seriously frowned upon, socially, not the source of a few winks with the evening news.

It takes a really special person to be a good special ed teacher, ans I'm not sure how that has been handled since 'No Child Left Behind" scrambled classroom structure in terms of student of similar abilities being grouped together.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:33:21 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis