Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke: Late-term abortions are 'about women making their own decisions about their own body'  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O'Rourke: Late-term abortions are 'about women making their own decisions about their own body'
by Salena Zito
 | March 19, 2019 04:14 PM

STATE COLLEGE, Penn. — Beto O'Rourke has refused to rule out abortions more than six months into a pregnancy.

Asked about by the Washington Examiner about his stance on third trimester abortion, O'Rourke, battling with a crowded field of Democrats vying for the chance to unseat President Trump in 2020, said it was a woman's decision, in consultation with her doctor.

“Listen, I think those decisions are best left to a woman and her doctor," he said. "I know better than to assume anything about a woman’s decision, an incredibly difficult decision, when it comes to her reproductive rights."

Young women from the college Democrats walking with him toward his speech at Hetzel Union Building student center cheered his response.

“ Roe v. Wade, though it is being tested unlike any other time, it still the law of the land. It must be upheld, and we must ensure that when were are talking about universal healthcare we are also talking about women’s healthcare. And when we are talking about women’s healthcare we are talking about women making their own decisions about their own body."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/beto-orourke-late-term-abortions-are-about-women-making-their-own-decisions-about-their-own-body
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

...hmm... thinking late term abortions are o.k., fantasizing about killing kids with cars, comments on his wife and white privilege ... he's beyond bat-crap crazy.  There's something seriously wrong with this guy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He's twitchy and bounces for a reason. Drug use. He wants to please everyone, so he says, then comes out as far left as you can get on everything.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

Beto at Penn State. I'm sorry to say my niece is in this photo, gazing admiringly on his twitchiness.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

Beto at Penn State. I'm sorry to say my niece is in this photo, gazing admiringly on his twitchiness.

My nieces would likely be right beside them. 

I don't see Beto lasting very long once the process begins.  He stands for NOTHING.  Talk about the METOO movement....that's all he can say...he agrees with anything anybody says.

Online libertybele

How in the heck then, did he come so close to clobbering Cruz??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

A lot of anti-Cruz votes....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Half a million illegal votes.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

One might speculate that Cruz lost a lot of pull with Texas voters after he lost to Trump and made that ‘vote your conscience’ speech at the convention. Initially he sounded a little too NeverTrump and seemed to be holding a grudge. Thankfully, he quickly came around to supporting the president.

Online libertybele

One might speculate that Cruz lost a lot of pull with Texas voters after he lost to Trump and made that ‘vote your conscience’ speech at the convention. Initially he sounded a little too NeverTrump and seemed to be holding a grudge. Thankfully, he quickly came around to supporting the president.

Perhaps, but after the speech Cruz also announced that he was voting for Trump for which he was heavily criticized.  So he was criticized either way.  For that to carry over to the mid terms surprises me, especially meaning that those who either support Trump or did support Ted would rather vote for a whack-a-do like Beto or perhaps not vote at all?  Not quite buying that scenario. Not meaning that I'm finding fault with what your saying, only that IMHO it seems that something else is going on to help and ensure a Beto win. Kind of reminiscent of Bammy, who was virtually an unknown ... becoming president in such a short time.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Cruz' behavior at the convention was unacceptable, and the voters of Texas showed their disapproval. 

Regarding Beto, he is a flash in the pan.  Other than Hollyweird money flowing his way, he brings nothing to the party.  Just one more empty suit. 

Oncr HRC jumps in, he is done.  She will make mincemeat out of him.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Cruz' behavior at the convention was unacceptable, and the voters of Texas showed their disapproval. 

Regarding Beto, he is a flash in the pan.  Other than Hollyweird money flowing his way, he brings nothing to the party.  Just one more empty suit. 

Oncr HRC jumps in, he is done.  She will make mincemeat out of him.
I think there was a huge GOTV against Cruz by the Dems. I also believe there were GOP folks who voted for Trump who were still carrying the Cruz hate around from the election, who just didn't vote, because folks sure were polarized during the primaries and continue to be still. Likely some Dems stuffing the ballot box, too.

As far as Cruz at the convention --After that 'Iowa to the end' smear campaign?

I think Cruz was downright gracious. His faithfulness to his wife was questioned, her sanity, supposedly nutso and still supposedly an architect of NAFTA? (neither), his Daddy supposedly in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald? being called "Lyin' Ted", and accused of "stealing votes", just for a few high points... Yep, he was downright gracious.

As for voting your conscience, well, that is good advice any time.

But the unprecedented interruption of Cruz' speech, the shoutdown setup, with the NY delegates moved up front, the mob mentality, and having to have security screen him from the frothing at the mouth masses were unacceptable.
That the man set aside more than adequate cause for personal animus to work for the benefit of the country speaks volumes.
Apparently, YMMV.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis