Author Topic: DHS Secretary: ‘I Am More Worried About the Ability of Bad Guys to Hijack Our Networks’ Than Our Pla  (Read 289 times)

Offline libertybele

She is right and we should be worried.  Everything these days is done on-line; applying for jobs, closing documents on homes, banking,m driver's licenses,  purchasing goods, ordering food, buying insurance, putting in a change of address, etc., etc.  "Records" of most transactions, are kept someewhere in cyberspace.   Our power grid is vulnerable. 

Personally, I don't do on-line banking and whenever possible I sign a paper document rather than using doc-u-sign which I believe is the most stupid idea ever!  I keep a paper trail as much as possible; especially deed to our home, car titles, bank accounts, credit card statements, etc.  More and more there has been a huge push to go paperless.  What an absolutely stupid idea!  If information is wiped out, what proof do you have that you own your home, vehicles, or how much money you have in your bank/brokerage accounts?? 

DHS Secretary: ‘I Am More Worried About the Ability of Bad Guys to Hijack Our Networks’ Than Our Planes

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Monday that she’s more concerned about terrorists trying to hijack U.S. cyber networks than airplanes.

In a speech on the 2019 priorities of DHS in Washington, D.C., hosted by Auburn University, Nielsen said the nation still faces threats by “global jihadists,” but it’s also in danger from “transnational criminals, faceless cyber thugs and hackers and resurgent nation-state rivals.”

“The battle state is constantly in flux, flipping from the physical world to the virtual world and then back again all in the blink of an eye. Today I am more worried about the ability of bad guys to hijack our networks than their ability to hijack our flights, and I am concerned about them holding our infrastructure hostage, stealing our money and secrets, exploiting children online, and even hacking our very democracy,” she said.

“These aren’t wars that we can fight in slow motion through meetings, memos and endless discussion. If we don’t anticipate, adapt, and move quickly, we will lose. Period. The idea that we can prevail with so-called whole of government efforts is now an outdated concept. It’s not enough,” the secretary said.

“We need a whole of society approach to overcome today's threats. Why? Because it's not just U.S. troops and government agents on the front line anymore. It’s U.S. companies. It’s our schools and gathering places. It’s ordinary, everyday Americans,” Nielsen said.........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/dhs-secretary-i-am-more-worried-about-ability-bad-guys-hijack-our
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The "war on terrorism" was NEVER "the real struggle" in which we are engaged.
NEVER.

That struggle is not in the Mideast.
It is RIGHT HERE on our native soil.

It was never solely with "terrorists".
Yes, we have to deal with them.
However, they are but minor functionaries of a greater force.
They are the tips of the fingers of "a greater hand".

And that hand is slowly, but relentlessly tightening its grip on us, right here.

Again, the question:
Who's winning...?