Author Topic: Rush: Should Trump Change Daylight Savings Time?  (Read 430 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Should Trump Change Daylight Savings Time?
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:27:43 pm »

Should Trump Change Daylight Savings Time?

Mar 19, 2019

RUSH: We just had a drive-by caller couldn’t hang on, but said, “If Trump would get rid of Daylight Saving Time, he could unify the country,” that everybody supports getting rid of Daylight Savings Time, and if Trump did that, he would be the most popular president.

If Trump changes Daylight Saving Time and gets rid of it, I gotta seriously rethink my support of Trump. I don’t want to get rid of it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: One thing about this drive-by caller we had talking about Trump being able to unify the country by getting rid of Daylight Savings Time. Maybe that’s not the right way to put it. What time does Trump want to stay on? Does he want to go permanent daylight time? (interruption) He wants to go permit daylight time or permanent standard time? (interruption) Okay. I would support that. I would support permanent daylight time. But, you know, there’s a lot of people that hate daylight time because it’s tampering with nature.

It’s just moving the clocks. We’re not changing anything in nature at all. (whining) “I don’t want to go to school in the dark and I don’t want my kids to go to school in the dark!” It’s called headlights. But aside from that, I could go for year-round daylight time. I don’t want to go year round standard time. I just… I don’t… So maybe I misunderstood what drive-by caller’s point was. Was the drive-by caller talking about going permanent daylight time? (interruption) All right. Well, there may be some point to that.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/03/19/should-trump-change-daylight-savings-time/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rush: Should Trump Change Daylight Savings Time?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:07:10 pm »
Wasting everyone's time fooling around with clocks twice a year is just plain stupid!  Put them somewhere and leave them the hell alone! Days will remain 24hours long and the number of hours of daylight will not be affected!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:44:20 pm »
This is one of those things where, on the surface it seems logical to change it, but, because it is so engrained in software and processes, it would be a nightmare to change. Think about all the software running aircraft schedules as just one example.

BUT, to Rush's question, no, the President should not change it.

Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution puts the responsibility to standardize weights and measures solely in Congress' hands.  This is actually part of the disturbing trend from Rush lately- believing the President is an all powerful office that can deem whatever based on his desires. He is forgetting we are a Representative Republic.

...what time does Trump want to stay on? Does he want to go permanent daylight time? (interruption) He wants to go permit daylight time or permanent standard time? (interruption) Okay. I would support that.....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:03:09 pm by ABX »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 03:35:37 am »
Nope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: