Author Topic: Trump: 'I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be'  (Read 333 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be'
By Jordan Fabian - 03/19/19 12:35 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday escalated his attacks on former Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) after facing blowback for berating the late senator over the weekend.

“I was never a fan of John McCain, and I never will be,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office when asked why he continues to attack McCain even seven months after his death.

The comments showed Trump’s penchant to stew over long-held grievances, many of which he resurfaced in a flurry of weekend tweets targeting McCain, former Vice President Joe Biden, the news media, Democrats, General Motors, the Mueller investigation and others.

Sitting beside Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday, Trump said he remains “very unhappy” with McCain for the late senator's “disgraceful” vote that sank congressional Republicans' effort to repeal ObamaCare among “other things” that have angered him.

Trump took aim at McCain in a pair of weekend tweets for his reported role in passing a dossier full of explosive claims about Trump’s ties to Russia to federal law enforcement, in addition to his 2017 health care vote.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain.’ Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel,” Trump wrote. “He had far worse ‘stains’ than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/434735-trump-i-was-never-a-fan-of-john-mccain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump: 'I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 07:23:56 pm »
The comments showed Trump’s penchant to stew over long-held grievances
I have no grievances and am not stewing, and I still have no regard for John McCain.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
Why would he be a fan??  The s.o.b. interfered with the election and tried to seat Hillary.  He voted mostly along with the DEMS, and rumor (?) has it that he wasn't the kind of 'hero' that people picture.  I'm definitely not a fan either and am still proud to say I didn't vote for him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 07:42:02 pm »
“I was never a fan of John McCain, and I never will be,”...

That goes for me as well!  Couldn't stand him alive and still can't now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 08:27:32 pm »
If Trump were as clever as he fantasizes, he might refer to the reality that
McCain crashed 3 aircraft during he early years as a pilot during the 1960ties.
In every case, the Naval Aviation Board investigating concluded that the
cause of each was pilot error.
Trump might say, "Anyone here believe that McCain would have remained a
Naval Aviator were his Grand-Father and Father not Four Star Admirals?????
That might shut fatso McCain up, at least for a day!!!