Author Topic: Last ISIS enclave a scene of ‘devastation:’ Fox News visits only remaining village ruled by terror g  (Read 370 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Last ISIS enclave a scene of ‘devastation:’ Fox News visits only remaining village ruled by terror group
By Benjamin Hall | Fox News

BAGHOUZ, Syria -- ISIS fighters are standing just 150 feet away and we are crouched on a rooftop in a building that hardly stands, obliterated by the offensive underway. The roof has caved in, just like every other building within miles. Mortar, artillery and machine gun fire have targeted them.

This is the final push against the terror group -- and it’s a devastating scene.

We can see a few terrorists scavenging, milling around closely. We can hear them. Sometimes they shout toward us – they’re driving motorbikes, digging for roots, and carrying AK47s and RPGs. Most of the fighters, however, are out of sight.

Fox News correspondent Benjamin Hall in Syria called the scene "devastating." (Fox News)

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/last-isis-enclave-a-scene-of-devastation-fox-news-visits-only-remaining-village-ruled-by-terror-group

Online rustynail

Strange to me that this drags on so long.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rustynail wonders:
"Strange to me that this drags on so long"

How long do you think the struggle between islam and The West will "drag on" ...?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rustynail wonders:
"Strange to me that this drags on so long"

How long do you think the struggle between islam and The West will "drag on" ...?

Approaching 1500 years now.  No end in sight.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

"How long do you think the struggle between islam and The West will "drag on" ...?

All depends on the rules of engagement.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"How long do you think the struggle between islam and The West will "drag on" ...?

All depends on the rules of engagement.
Ayep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis