Author Topic: It’s official, Sen. Mike Lee has come out of the closet (Leach)  (Read 754 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: It’s official, Sen. Mike Lee has come out of the closet (Leach)
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 05:28:37 pm »
So it boils down to disagreement as to what constitutes an emergency. Along with the President, I think there is one and those on your side don't.  How are we to resolve this?  Mr. Marbury no doubt felt he should have his commission but NEVER got it!

It will be resolved by the Court, assuming Congress doesn't override the President's veto.   And Trump may prevail in court.   But, as I said, be careful what you wish for.    Trump will get a few extra dollars for his wall, and the Dems will have a new weapon to impose their agenda over the wishes of Congress.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 05:33:36 pm »
It will be resolved by the Court, assuming Congress doesn't override the President's veto.   And Trump may prevail in court.   But, as I said, be careful what you wish for.    Trump will get a few extra dollars for his wall, and the Dems will have a new weapon to impose their agenda over the wishes of Congress.

How many emergencies were declared by previous presidents before Trump entered the picture? 

The damned LAW needs to be changed and the President has indicated he is on board with doing that!  Congress needs to get busy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 06:26:49 pm »
 :threadjack:

Aren't there enough discussions about Trump's emergency declaration?
This article is about Mike Lee's support of paid family leave.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 07:10:44 pm »
“
Well, if Mike Lee isn’t pure enough for you, maybe give up politics and wait for Jesus.

@QueenCatofAragon

Jesus was the original commie. That's why Marx/Stalin,Mao,etc,etc,etc always hated him so much and banned his words in the countries they controlled. They couldn't stand the competition.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!