Author Topic: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News and take part in a civil - and sensible - debate  (Read 301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News and take part in a civil - and sensible - debate

By Donna Brazile | Fox News

I am excited by the opportunity to share my perspective and views with the Fox News audience and to help shape the dialogue at this important juncture in our history. More importantly, I’m eager to learn from the experience.

The 2020 presidential election is a consequential moment in American democracy. Everything we believe in as Americans will be examined and, in essence, ratified by our votes. But it concerns me, as it does the majority of good Americans, that our national debate has become hostile and disrespectful. We no longer simply agree to disagree. Too often we demonize the intentions of others. Our lines of communication are frayed, if not broken.

In order for us to best decide as a people how to better protect and preserve our way of life, we need to first be able to hear what others are saying without the filter of bias and contempt. Not until we once again become practiced at treating those of differing views with civility and respect can we begin to join together to solve the myriad of problems our country must overcome.

I fully admit that in my previous lives as a campaign staffer, presidential campaign manager and Democrat Party official, my own lack of civility in the heat of battle has been on full display. And it wasn’t pretty. I should have been wise enough and humble enough to have listened to my mother, Jean, who so often would tell me, the third of nine children, to shut up and allow my siblings to speak, and to listen - really listen - to what they had to say. She knew I wasn’t listening so much as I was pausing before launching again into an argument. My mother tried to teach us Brazile kids a lesson we all need to heed as citizens: Listen more, talk less. Be civil to one another. Find common ground. Contempt is hatred towards others. These are the lessons and the attitude I will bring to Fox News.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/donna-brazile-why-i-am-excited-to-join-fox-news-and-take-part-in-a-civil-and-sensible-debate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I erased the scheduled recordings of the two FoxNews shows I used to watch routinely -- The Five and Special Report -- because of this move.  And I hope Trump announces that he won't participate in any FoxNews debates because they cannot be trusted not to leak debate questions to other participants.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 02:49:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News and take part in a civil - and sensible - debate

Pigs are departing the hanger in 4...3...2...1...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I erased the scheduled recordings of the two FoxNews shows I used to watch routinely -- The Five and Special Report -- because of this move.  And I hope Trump announces that he won't participate in any FoxNews debates because they cannot be trusted not to leak debate questions to other participants.

Did the same and registered my complaints on their website as well.  I'm sure that will carry the day! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Did the same and registered my complaints on their website as well.  I'm sure that will carry the day! /s

I complained on their website as well, and they are getting absolutely hammered over this.  Over 9900 overwhelmingly negative comments already.

What in the universe possessed anyone to think this was a good idea?  CNN blasted the hell out of her for her actions, and now FoxNews hires her?  While trying to argue that the Democrats should let them host more debates???

They've just handed the Democrats the world's most obvious justification not to permit them to host any debates, because FoxNews clearly does not value journalistic integrity in the slightest.  It's a truly mind-boggling unforced error.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I complained on their website as well, and they are getting absolutely hammered over this.  Over 9900 overwhelmingly negative comments already.

What in the universe possessed anyone to think this was a good idea?  CNN blasted the hell out of her for her actions, and now FoxNews hires her?  While trying to argue that the Democrats should let them host more debates???

They've just handed the Democrats the world's most obvious justification not to permit them to host any debates, because FoxNews clearly does not value journalistic integrity in the slightest.  It's a truly mind-boggling unforced error.

This is a real burr under my saddle as well!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
No coincidentally Fox rorganizes, taken over by Rupert's sons.

First off with the corp changes, Paul Ryan joins the board.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It'll hit 10,000 soon....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:37:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »