Author Topic: Believe me, the Civil Service is trying to sink Brexit. I have seen it from the inside  (Read 343 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Believe me, the Civil Service is trying to sink Brexit. I have seen it from the inside

Anonymous author
18 March, 2019

hould MPs vote again on Theresa May’s Brexit deal, it would be anything but delivering on the Brexit vote from two years ago. How would I know? Because I work within the heart of government.
As a civil servant I can tell you large parts of the Whitehall machine are systematically working against leaving the EU.
I have met thousands of civil servants in the past few years: I can only recall five who voted for Brexit.At first, I thought they were perhaps just staying quiet given the political climate, but my worst fear was confirmed during the high-profile remainer Gina Miller’s successful court case to make sure Parliament has a say on the Brexit outcome.
When it was announced she had won her...

snip
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why would anyone imagine that it would be any different over there than it is here?  The establishment in both places is happy with the way things are and will resist any and all attempts to change any part of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

Apparently the USA "Deep State" is representative of the trend to ignore the will of voters.

--Trump

--Brexit

--Death Penalty in California

Elections mean little or nothing.

Offline truth_seeker

Why would anyone imagine that it would be any different over there than it is here?  The establishment in both places is happy with the way things are and will resist any and all attempts to change any part of it!

Interesting note: The big Fox media empire is braking up somewhat, with the younger generation taking over.

Paul Ryan is to be on the board.

This is part of the nswer to the question: "How do failed politicians get so rich?"

"failed politicians" = lose VP, squander majority, etc.

Ryan's final accomplishment was blocking Trump, with plausible deniability he wasn't ding so.