Author Topic: Myspace lost 12 years of music and pictures in server migration  (Read 810 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Myspace lost 12 years of music and pictures in server migration
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 03/19/19 09:44 AM EDT

Social networking website Myspace said Monday that it lost 12 years worth of music and pictures during a server migration.

"As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos, and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace," the company said in a statement.

"We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies."

Myspace was the dominant social media platform between 2005 and 2008 before it was overtaken by Facebook and Twitter.

Millions of songs were hosted on the platform, and many famous artists like Arctic Monkeys and Calvin Harris were partially discovered through the website.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/434685-myspace-lost-12-years-of-music-and-pictures-in-server-migration
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Myspace lost 12 years of music and pictures in server migration
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:46:41 pm »
I don't use online to save anything. I have 2 servers and multiple external drives I use.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Myspace lost 12 years of music and pictures in server migration
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:30:25 am »
I really should try to update all those old files and put them in one place, on a few different platforms.

(Now, where did I put that floppy drive)... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis