Author Topic: Pentagon finds $12.8 billion for Trump's border wall  (Read 1060 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon finds $12.8 billion for Trump's border wall
« on: March 19, 2019, 01:47:22 pm »
Pentagon finds $12.8 billion for Trump's border wall
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | March 19, 2019 08:01 AM

The Defense Department has identified $12.8 billion in possible funding that it could use to fulfill President Trump's call for a border wall.

Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., released the 20-page spreadsheet on Twitter Monday night.

Trump last month declared a national emergency at the border, and said he wants to use $3.6 billion for border wall projects. The Pentagon's list said it has found possible funding sources that are "in excess of the amount needed."

But it's not clear which projects the Defense Department will draw from. Some states that have been allocated big chunks of money that haven't been spent could see a hit.

California, for example, was identified as having more than $700 million in unused Army and Navy military construction that could be used. Hawaii has more than $400 million that could be used.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pentagon-finds-12-8-billion-for-trumps-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Pentagon finds $12.8 billion for Trump's border wall
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 01:50:58 pm »
How long ago did many here mention that all that shutdown and EO drama wasn't necessary? The funds were there under departments under the Executive Branch, available in discretionary funds- far more than would ever be needed.

They could have found this three years ago and actually been working. Unless the drama was the goal, not the wall.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 05:02:40 pm »
The Defense Department has identified $12.8 billion in possible funding that it could use to fulfill President Trump's call for a border wall.

Build, baby, build!

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 05:30:05 pm »

Build, baby, build!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:45:47 pm »
How long ago did many here mention that all that shutdown and EO drama wasn't necessary? The funds were there under departments under the Executive Branch, available in discretionary funds- far more than would ever be needed.

They could have found this three years ago and actually been working. Unless the drama was the goal, not the wall.

Agreed.  It's hard also to overlook that he signed a really bad bill allowing states to opt out. Yes, various different states have $$ that can be utilized, but do they have to let go of that surplus $$?  Something tells me no.

If Trump indeed can get his hands on that kind of money ... then why wait?  Start building now!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 06:47:56 pm »
Go for it build!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 06:53:32 pm »
How much for Teddy Bears and soccer balls?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 06:59:23 pm »
Ya just gotta LOVE the fact that it is the left's biggest and oldest enemy,the Pentegon,that has came up with the money to keep them out of power.

NOW,if we can just survive a 15 dollar minimum wage,with corresponding increases in welfare benefits and taxes,as well as drop in employment and increase in unemployment benefits......
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 07:01:08 pm »

@ABX

This is normally where I would step in and ask a poster that put up brain farts like that "aren't you getting dizzy from all that spinning?",but in your case it is just too obvious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 07:05:01 pm »

If Trump indeed can get his hands on that kind of money ... then why wait?  Start building now!!

@libertybele

Boy Jorge used to call starajury. Sometimes to catch game you have to dig and camouflage a hole and wait for the enemy to step in it and get caught by the stakes. Trump NEEDED all the moaning,whinging,and bitching by the Dims to get them to expose their true nature to the typical "Ahs only votes during prezidiental lection!" voters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 07:12:08 pm »
@ABX

This is normally where I would step in and ask a poster that put up brain farts like that "aren't you getting dizzy from all that spinning?",but in your case it is just too obvious.

Your posts are making me smile today …. thanks for that. @sneakypete   I'd love it if you could visit the "Knucklehead Jeb" thread.   happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 07:16:47 pm »
Your posts are making me smile today …. thanks for that. @sneakypete   I'd love it if you could visit the "Knucklehead Jeb" thread.   happy77

@Right_in_Virginia

Been there,done that,and thanks.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 07:20:31 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Been there,done that,and thanks.

I love your way with words @sneakypete   It's always good to come upon one of your posts.   :beer:

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 07:58:28 pm »
@libertybele

Boy Jorge used to call starajury. Sometimes to catch game you have to dig and camouflage a hole and wait for the enemy to step in it and get caught by the stakes. Trump NEEDED all the moaning,whinging,and bitching by the Dims to get them to expose their true nature to the typical "Ahs only votes during prezidiental lection!" voters.
@sneakypete You are knocking them right out of the park today. Did you get extra caffeine today or what?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »
   Hope they saved some $$$ to dry out and rebuild Offutt AFB, seems last week we were hearing about how bad Base Housing was, hope they can fix that too.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 08:32:38 pm »
Throw as many men and as much machinery as you can at it with No PR.

And Keep building right up to the deadline on the Court Order to Stop.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:04 pm »
Ya just gotta LOVE the fact that it is the left's biggest and oldest enemy,the Pentegon,that has came up with the money to keep them out of power.

NOW,if we can just survive a 15 dollar minimum wage,with corresponding increases in welfare benefits and taxes,as well as drop in employment and increase in unemployment benefits......

Now that you mention it, YES I DO!

I know we can get wrapped up in discussing the why's and wherefor's but I really don't care as long as the wall gets built. It's a critical first step in the long struggle to save the Republic.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »
@libertybele

@sneakypete I asked a legitimate question.  Various different states have $$ that can be utilized, but do they have to let go of that surplus $$?  Hawaii and California were mentioned; can they refuse to hand over that surplus $$ to build the wall?? After all, Trump signed a bill allowing states to opt out of building a barrier.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:10:25 pm »
   Hope they saved some $$$ to dry out and rebuild Offutt AFB, seems last week we were hearing about how bad Base Housing was, hope they can fix that too.

You're making a good point about things we need to do for our military, but right now the existential threat is uncontrolled immigration.

Building a wall is only one step in fixing the problem, but it is a big step. The wall will funnel people to more easily controlled locations and will reduce illegal border crossings. It will also allow for better use of border enforcement personnel because they won't have to cover all areas. The process of finding the money and getting the job going has been pretty ugly, but it has clearly shown where people stand. At least 12 Pub Senators have been identified as being more interested in representing business interests than their constituents and the entire Rat party has been shown to be for open borders. In the long run this might open some eyes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:09 pm »
@sneakypete I asked a legitimate question.  Various different states have $$ that can be utilized, but do they have to let go of that surplus $$?  Hawaii and California were mentioned; can they refuse to hand over that surplus $$ to build the wall?? After all, Trump signed a bill allowing states to opt out of building a barrier.

@libertybele

I don't know. I suspect it all depends on where the money was originally supposed to have gone. I would be surprised if they didn't manage to find something to spend every dollar on the last day if told they had to return unspend funds. After all,you can never have too many gold-plated hatchets,right?

Since the money being discussed is all federal money doled out to a federal entity (the Pentagram),none of that applies. If they president says "give it back to me.",there only response will be "yes sir!" Not a dime of it will be coming from state grant money,

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:42 pm »
@libertybele

I don't know. I suspect it all depends on where the money was originally supposed to have gone. I would be surprised if they didn't manage to find something to spend every dollar on the last day if told they had to return unspend funds. After all,you can never have too many gold-plated hatchets,right?

Since the money being discussed is all federal money doled out to a federal entity (the Pentagram),none of that applies. If they president says "give it back to me.",there only response will be "yes sir!" Not a dime of it will be coming from state grant money,

Gottcha.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 12:59:41 am »
"Pentagon finds $12.8 billion for Trump's border wall"

Great.
Now get crackin' on that construction!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 02:05:02 am »

--------------------------------
Indeed drama has always been the objective, as it creates a media uproar.
For the Narcissist-in Chief, it's his daily dose of adrenaline.
The Roman Military would have had this Wall well along by now for a core
reason; they were oblivious to politics.

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 02:37:11 am »
--------------------------------
Indeed drama has always been the objective, as it creates a media uproar.
For the Narcissist-in Chief, it's his daily dose of adrenaline.
The Roman Military would have had this Wall well along by now for a core
reason; they were oblivious to politics.

You can't possibly believe the democrats would have rolled over and allowed --without "drama" --- this transfer of funds if the President sought to do this first.   The democrats would have been apoplectic (yet again), with screams of "bypassing Congress", "risking our military", "depriving (name your favorite pork barrel project) of federal dollars, et al.

Every victory is born of timing.  And now, although democrats will stomp their feet and trample each other getting in front of a camera, it is doubtful they have the political capitol to stop this, too.  They really don't have much of a wad left.

So as marvelously intellectual as you try to sound .... why not add something useful to the conversation --- maybe go beyond your pseudo psychology and include a smattering of the political realities in the 21st century AD?

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 02:42:16 am »
Ha Ha needed to be done.   :patriot: