Author Topic: Australian prime minister suggests senator should be charged for hitting teen after egg attack  (Read 341 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Australian prime minister suggests senator should be charged for hitting teen after egg attack
By Avery Anapol - 03/17/19 09:56 AM EDT

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison suggested that a right-wing senator should be charged for hitting a protester who egged him.

Queensland Sen. Fraser Anning sparked widespread backlash for anti-Muslim comments made in the wake of the Friday massacre at two New Zealand mosques.

At a news conference on Saturday, a 17-year-old protester approached Fraser and smashed an egg on the lawmaker’s head. Fraser responded by punching the protester and had to be restrained by security officials.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/434430-australian-prime-minister-suggests-senator-should-be-charged

Total Bull! What else is one going to do when making a statement to the press and one feels an egg cracked on your head. Here is the video, "egg boy " is a viral sensation. I think egg boy should be charged.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

As for Anning, I think there is a time and place to discuss what he was saying. Perhaps, right after the tragedy might not be the right time.

IMO, the statement is posted in the main thread, the 2nd to last paragraph was questionable and for me, it was wrong to say. I'm not sure how much backlash one should get.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:36:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At a news conference on Saturday, a 17-year-old protester approached Fraser and smashed an egg on the lawmaker’s head. Fraser responded by punching the protester and had to be restrained by security officials.

My best guess is he just won re-election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Twitter Mob Comes For Dean Cain Over Egg Attack Comments — He Fires Back In Exclusive Statement To The Daily Caller

“Superman” actor Dean Cain made an offhand comment about what he would do if someone blindsided him with an egg attack, and the Twitter mob came for him.

It all began with the now-viral video of Australian Senator Fraser Anning that circulated on Saturday. Anning was attacked by a teen — who broke an egg over his head from behind — and he turned and slapped the boy...

While many cheered the boy on, citing Anning’s “Islamophobic” views and anti-immigration stance, Cain responded to the video by saying simply, “I would have knocked that kid cold.” ...

He was immediately attacked for “defending a Nazi” and for advocating violence against a child — but Cain was quick to explain that neither of those accusations were based in reality...

Full article

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
We need a lot more guys like Fraser Anning...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need a lot more guys like Fraser Anning...

He was quick to react to the attack on his person.  Guy is a hero.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Anning either hits like a girl or the kid can take a beating. He does kinda resemble Rudy.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.