Author Topic: Rush: Why Those 12 Republican Senators Really Voted Against Trump  (Read 4993 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Rush: Why Those 12 Republican Senators Really Voted Against Trump
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2019, 07:28:02 pm »
The scientific consensus appears to be approximately 20 weeks.   Ban the procedure after that, but give a woman a fair shot at exercising her liberty before that. 

That's a reasonable compromise, to all but the religious jihadis.
It's a reasonable argument for those who would murder the inconvenient.
If you don't want a baby, don't get pregnant, and there are a lot fo ways to prevent that. How about some grown ups taking responsibility for their own actions instead of slaughtering the result?
There is nothing religious about not wanting shredded babies.
Stuff your face in a bucket full and you'd likely come up puking, without any religious reference. People react that way to shredded people, of any age. Instinctively, it's even worse when its kids, at least for normal people. It's hardwired in, part of that survival of the species thing--at least for folks who are wired right.
People see that and they wake up in a cold sweat at night.
Survival of a human below the age of five without adult intervention is problematical. Now I suppose you're going to play games with the meaning of "viable".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:29:39 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2019, 07:29:48 pm »
How did a thread on these 12 turn into an abortion thread. Has someone derided JH's opinion? Oh, the tragedy, have you heard about how he scapegoats Christians since his arguments are so weak? It might make a Klansman blush, it is so hateful.

Also, unable to talk about funding or defunding planned parenthood, viability, etc.

Also, now that the Dems are coming out for infanticide, unfortunately, one has to pick an extreme....at the very least, the government should not give one penny to planned parenthood.

It's called thread drift.  And I didn't start it.  See @IsailedawayfromFR 's reply #34.    The topic was immigration, and he/she said immigration would be unnecessary if 60 million babies hadn't been aborted.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »
Nope.  I don't consider myself a very religious person, but stlll am pro-life.

Flawed logic bubba.
Funny how when you stand up for what's right, everyone immediately goes after Jesus... :pondering:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2019, 07:31:28 pm »
Judging a woman who's been abandoned by her partner that she's guilty of unspeakable murder doesn't really work as an effective means of persuasion.

It IS unspeakable murder... And she knows it is, just as you do. And that ain't gonna go away her whole life long - I have seen that regret more than a few times.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:00 pm »
It's called thread drift.  And I didn't start it.  See @IsailedawayfromFR 's reply #34.    The topic was immigration, and he/she said immigration would be unnecessary if 60 million babies hadn't been aborted.
That was in response to the whole bit about how we needed to import more people from the third world who couldn't speak the language because we weren't making enough of our own babies.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:17 pm »
It's a reasonable argument for those who would murder the inconvenient.
If you don't want a baby, don't get pregnant, and there are a lot fo ways to prevent that. How about some grown ups taking responsibility for their own actions instead of slaughtering the result?   

I agree!   So exercise your not inconsiderable powers of persuasion.   Don't enlist the government gun. 

There is nothing religious about not wanting shredded babies.
   I agree!  So persuade, don't coerce.  Why are you afraid to do so without enlisting the government?   

Survival of a human below the age of five without adult intervention is problematical. Now I suppose you're going to play games with the meaning of "viable".

No games.  I said 20 weeks.  Plenty of time for the woman to exercise her liberty.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2019, 07:34:18 pm »

It IS unspeakable murder... And she knows it is, just as you do. And that ain't gonna go away her whole life long - I have seen that regret more than a few times.

So persuade, don't coerce. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2019, 07:35:44 pm »
I agree!   So exercise your not inconsiderable powers of persuasion.   Don't enlist the government gun. 
    I agree!  So persuade, don't coerce.  Why are you afraid to do so without enlisting the government?   

No games.  I said 20 weeks.  Plenty of time for the woman to exercise her liberty.
And deprive someone else of theirs. Her liberty was already exerrcised in the act that brought the baby about. at that point there are two people to consider. Her inconvenience need not last past 9 months, the baby's will last forever.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2019, 07:37:32 pm »

I have no gun to anyone's head. That would be the government.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2019, 07:43:34 pm »
If it's so cut and dried,  why can't you persuade rather than coerce?    Actually, it's because you come on like an assh0le.   Judging a woman who's been abandoned by her partner that she's guilty of unspeakable murder doesn't really work as an effective means of persuasion.

Yeah! It's me that's the Ahole alright! /s  I'm not trying to convince you of anything because I know that to be impossible by now.  I was more trying to hit you over the head with a 2x4  and wake you the hell up!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2019, 08:47:19 pm »

Would it be the proper role for the government, to prevent (religious) female genital mutilation, or would that be up to the mother/parents?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2019, 12:12:47 am »
Would it be the proper role for the government, to prevent (religious) female genital mutilation, or would that be up to the mother/parents?

Well,  now we're talking about two born citizens,  so it's not at all like aborting a first trimester fetus.   

The practice of mutilating a child so she will be unable to have an orgasm based on some ignorant cultural notion that it will make her more obedient to a future husband is barbaric.   Of course I would have no objection to the State banning the practice.   

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2019, 01:46:46 am »
Well,  now we're talking about two born citizens,  so it's not at all like aborting a first trimester fetus.   

The practice of mutilating a child so she will be unable to have an orgasm based on some ignorant cultural notion that it will make her more obedient to a future husband is barbaric.   Of course I would have no objection to the State banning the practice.
Pretty damned to ever have an orgasm when you're dead.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2019, 11:41:06 am »
I understand that's what Mississippi is trying to do - ban abortion after, basically speaking, six weeks when a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

That's blatantly unconstitutional.    Since a woman won't know she's pregnant until she misses her period,  that leaves only about two weeks to both confirm the fact of pregnancy and decide whether to end it.   That is a clear evisceration of the woman's liberty to choose whether or not to reproduce.    May God help you if your gun rights were treated with such disdain.

Legislation like this makes me sick and angry over the hypocrisy of so-called "conservatives" who think so little of a woman's Constitutional rights.    Why can't you fascist oppressors be satisfied with the 20-week standard of viability?    That's more than enough time for the woman to decide.    Two flippin' weeks?   That's an outrage. 

Can you tell that this gets me a bit angry?   It's pathetic that you folks have such a lack of confidence in the moral strength of your position that you insist the State criminalize women placed in impossible positions, and give them no way out.   

Yeah, but an abortion is a literal evisceration of a baby.   That gets me angry. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2019, 11:44:59 am »
It's not a "baby", it's a pre-viable fetus that has no means of survival on its own.   The mother is essential to its existence as a matter of biology. 

I know your position.   I don't denigrate it as some here denigrate mine.   But my response remains the same: 

Persuade,  don't coerce.   

@Jazzhead, you’re not making any points by using “fetus”.  It literally means “baby.”
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2019, 11:48:06 am »
The scientific consensus appears to be approximately 20 weeks.   Ban the procedure after that, but give a woman a fair shot at exercising her liberty before that. 

That's a reasonable compromise, to all but the religious jihadis.

Wow

So if I don’t think a woman has the right to end innocent life, I’m a “religious jihadi.”

Whatever.  Allah akbar, y’all. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2019, 12:55:29 pm »
France, parts of Europe have no abortions after 12 weeks. So they are wrong?

It should at the least, be up to the States, not radical Northeasterners defining what is viable life.

You note, New York and other states are following are coming close to infanticide.

So, bigoted talk like "religious jihadists" doesn't cut it. Again, if one has to use such bigoted terms, they are not winning the argument.

And yes, plenty of states, if I said "radical Northeasterners", plenty of states are showing radical or extremist views on abortion, New Mexico, New York, California and so on.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2019, 12:57:40 pm »
Muslims have been called "our Muslim friends", so, despite killing hundreds if not thousands around the world yearly, this is what we get. Wow.

But pro-lifers and let's remember, plenty of doctors have stopped committing abortions because they say they are killing life. They have become pro-life. I don't see how hate rants can change this except it's just ignoring scientific fact.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2019, 12:51:46 pm »
Wow

So if I don’t think a woman has the right to end innocent life, I’m a “religious jihadi.”

Whatever.  Allah akbar, y’all.

@QueenCatofAragon ,  I respect your opinion and accept your criticism.   I have edited my post to remove that poor choice of words. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:54:16 pm by Jazzhead »