Author Topic: George W. Bush Center: ‘America’s Story Is an Immigrant Story’  (Read 1142 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

George W. Bush Center: ‘America’s Story Is an Immigrant Story’
Breitbart, Mar 18, 2019

There are no Americans in America and no history of America — just immigrants and their “story,” says a new video by former President George W. Bush’s Bush Center.

“America’s story is an immigrant story,” says the video. “Now as before, American is a nation of immigrants,” says the video which refers to 280 million Americans — including many who voted for George W. Bush in 2000 — merely as an unnamed blob of “population,” “labor force,” “workers,” and even “natives.”

American would be weak without immigrants, the video argues, as it declares that “immigrants make America strong.”

In fact, the video even describes the American children of immigrants as “immigrants” to help minimize the impact of Americans on their own nation.

The Bush Center’s pro-immigrant line echoes House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s repeated claim that even illegal immigrants are “the best of the best … they make America more American when they come here and that’s why our country will not stagnate.”

The Bush video does show why imported workers and imported consumers are good financial news for investors.

The key number for investors is that immigrants almost double the annual increase in the labor force and so help to prevent a “tight labor market” which would force businesses and investors to compete for scant workers by offering higher wages.

Immigration provided 45 percent share labor force increase from 2006 to 2016, the report says. In practice, the policy provided employers with 9.2 extra million workers (and consumers) during a decade of massive unemployment, wealth loss, and low wages.

The Bush Center’s “grow the economy” pitch hides that fact that a high-immigration policy grows stock market values for investors and CEOs while freezing or cutting wages and salaries for employees and voters.

George W. Bush Presidential Center
Verified accountï‚™ @TheBushCenter 

President George W. Bush and Mrs. @laurawbush will speak on the value immigrants bring to our country during a naturalization ceremony at the Bush Center today at 10 am CT. Tune in to the livestream: https://www.bushcenter.org/exhibits-and-events/events/2019/03/naturalization-ceremony.html … #NationofImmigrants

4:00 AM - 18 Mar 2019

https://twitter.com/TheBushCenter/status/1107601310797492225

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/17/bush-center-video-excludes-americans-from-america/

Online Right_in_Virginia

The man was silent for eight years.

Offline libertybele

I regret having worked to help him get elected. I do NOT regret in that same time period working diligently to try to educate people on the issue of illegal immigration and I hopefully helped in some way Congress passing the Secure Fence Act of 2006. Unfortunately, the failure of the AMERICAN people to hold our representatives responsible for their failure to fully fund the wall is what we are witnessing today.

It is a slap in the face to ALL Americans being told that there are no Americans in America and no history of America!!  That is just absolute rubbish and such bullcrap.  I AM an American.  I was born in this country to American parents.  America belongs to AMERICANS!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
‘America’s Story Is an Immigrant Story’

No...it's not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have no problem about this theme. Just add the word "legal."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have no problem about this theme. Just add the word "legal."
Quite right. I mean if you think about it pretty much, if not everyone in America has an immigrant in their background including our Native American Indians. No one sprang forth from earth.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The man was silent for eight years.

Nobody can deny that the illegal immigrant border jumper under GWB hasn't achieved the American Dream.

My flyer-boys, who I paid $10 per hr + bonuses, are parents themselves today and own homes of the own.  And I still don't know if they're American citizens.

Their fathers and mothers were my sub-contractors, excellent stone men, granite/tile/drywall, landscapers. 

HARD WORKERS, compared with the drugged-out inner city who may or may not even show up today.

I loved the illegal immigrant in my circle-of-influence during the Clinton-Bush years. 

So, in that, I understand totally from where President George W. Bush is coming.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Nobody can deny that the illegal immigrant border jumper under GWB hasn't achieved the American Dream.

My flyer-boys, who I paid $10 per hr + bonuses, are parents themselves today and own homes of the own.  And I still don't know if they're American citizens.

Their fathers and mothers were my sub-contractors, excellent stone men, granite/tile/drywall, landscapers. 

HARD WORKERS, compared with the drugged-out inner city who may or may not even show up today.

I loved the illegal immigrant in my circle-of-influence during the Clinton-Bush years. 

So, in that, I understand totally from where President George W. Bush is coming.

Just what I'd expect an open-border RINO to say /sarc

Offline Absalom

Bush was never anything but a pious and sanctimonious buffoon and
arguably the most incompetent clown to ever occupy the Oval Office!!!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Bush was never anything but a pious and sanctimonious buffoon and
arguably the most incompetent clown to ever occupy the Oval Office!!!
I'd argue the second most incompetent clown.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It so is.

I didn't buy that whole "we're a nation of immigrants" line when Obama was trying to convince us of it and I certainly don't believe it when you lip synch what he was saying.

We're a nation of Americans.  We have our own distinct culture and way of life.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I note that GW never once opened his mouth for the eight long years Obozo was in office and finds his voice only now!  He no longer has anything to say that I'm interested in listening to.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I didn't buy that whole "we're a nation of immigrants" line when Obama was trying to convince us of it and I certainly don't believe it when you lip synch what he was saying.

We're a nation of Americans.  We have our own distinct culture and way of life.
Obama and Bush are both twisting it to meet their own agenda to 'normalize' illegal in the same way as the queers did to 'normalize' homosexuality. While I have no problem with America 'was' an immigrant story,past tense, and there are still legal immigrants that help to add to that story today, it is a lie the way they attempt to convey that America would be nothing today without immigrants. And of course we know that when they use immigrant they always mean illegal.

yes we have our own distinct way of life and even as late as the early fifties immigrants like my parents wanted to melt in and become a part of that American way of life. But these illegals don't want to melt in and be a part of distinct culture and way of life, they want to remain separate and distinct while sucking the financial life out of America. And this separation is something the democrats have promoted more and more since Johnson.

Offline LottieDah

My mother immigrated from Italy in 1939.  Her parents worked hard.  My father's parents immigrated from Italy in the late 1920s and they worked hard.  Yes America is an Immigrant story.  My mother would tell the story of how she was sea sick for her entire voyage to America and how my grandmother was frightened to death they would put on a boat back to Naples because she had an eye infection the day the ship landed at Ellis Island.  Not all immigrants are illegals who jump ships or crawl under fences.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Obama and Bush are both twisting it to meet their own agenda to 'normalize' illegal in the same way as the bleep did to 'normalize' homosexuality. While I have no problem with America 'was' an immigrant story,past tense, and there are still legal immigrants that help to add to that story today, it is a lie the way they attempt to convey that America would be nothing today without immigrants. And of course we know that when they use immigrant they always mean illegal.

yes we have our own distinct way of life and even as late as the early fifties immigrants like my parents wanted to melt in and become a part of that American way of life. But these illegals don't want to melt in and be a part of distinct culture and way of life, they want to remain separate and distinct while sucking the financial life out of America. And this separation is something the democrats have promoted more and more since Johnson.

It's not just the illegals that are refusing to integrate into the American culture and society...it's the ones that come here legally these days too.

Instead of adopting the American culture and way of life as their own as citizens of the U.S. theya re demanding we adopt to the culture and way of life they left behind.

Makes no sense at all.

Offline libertybele

My mother immigrated from Italy in 1939.  Her parents worked hard.  My father's parents immigrated from Italy in the late 1920s and they worked hard.  Yes America is an Immigrant story.  My mother would tell the story of how she was sea sick for her entire voyage to America and how my grandmother was frightened to death they would put on a boat back to Naples because she had an eye infection the day the ship landed at Ellis Island.  Not all immigrants are illegals who jump ships or crawl under fences.

We can go as far back as the American Indians, but does that make them immigrants?  What about those that came over from Britain?  Anybody who came from a different country can be seen as an immigrant.

However, we are AMERICANS!!!  I was born in this country of LEGAL parents, of LEGAL grandparents.  My great grandparents never arrived in this country. 

I am NOT a hyphenated-American, nor am I an illegal immigrant. So, no American is NOT an Immigrant Story for crying out loud. 

Maybe 'W' is hoping that Jebbie will run again and is trying to lay some groundwork.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:18:58 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americans... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of it continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.”

Theodore Roosevelt October 12, 1915

He was right then and still is today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

“Immigrants make America strong”

Nice platitude, but it doesn’t mirror the founders’ views.  The right to bear arms comes through in their writings as a major, very key factor in keeping the nation strong & free.

Regarding immigration, they were actually cautious and concerned that we not make the mistake of throwing open the gates and letting in people who might not assimilate.  They believed immigration laws should be “geared toward the benefit of people already here” (author’s words).  They sure as hell weren’t talking about illegal immigrants, which, let’s face it, W is trying to justify.

https://stream.org/the-founders-on-immigration/
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Absalom

I'd argue the second most incompetent clown.
---------------------------
Fair enough since all are entitled to their opinion.

Offline Absalom

------------------------------------
Of Course.
Europe fathered world wide development through its explorations.
Sure, they were seeking gold and diamonds, yet because they imported
the attitudes and impulses of self-discipline, responsibility, work, courage,
perseverance and honor; they transformed tribal environments into
cultures/societies capable of sustaining a nation/state as in No. America.
Unfortunately, they failed in Africa and were only modestly successful in
South America; where the impact of this is plain for all to see but the
self-delusional blame shifters .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:09:27 pm by Absalom »

Offline skeeter

Obama and Bush are both twisting it to meet their own agenda to 'normalize' illegal in the same way as the bleep did to 'normalize' homosexuality. While I have no problem with America 'was' an immigrant story,past tense, and there are still legal immigrants that help to add to that story today, it is a lie the way they attempt to convey that America would be nothing today without immigrants. And of course we know that when they use immigrant they always mean illegal.

Describing America as a nation of immigrants without adding the judeo-christian modifier is essentially describing the US as a nation of Ihan Omars. Not in a strictly religious sense, but there has to be agreement on a moral structure and values.

There has to be something to hold us together.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:22:01 pm by skeeter »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
(sigh)
I voted for Jorge Bush twice.
Do you ever get the feelin' you never got your money's worth...?

Online Right_in_Virginia

We are a nation of citizens. 

Anyone else here is either our approved guest or an unwelcome intruder.