Author Topic: "The world needs more cowboys."  (Read 575 times)

rangerrebew

"The world needs more cowboys."
« on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:16 pm »

Professors Protest University Of Wyoming Slogan Praising Cowboys. Then This Happens.
"The world needs more cowboys."

By Hank Berrien
March 18, 2019

In the summer of 2018, roughly two dozen professors at the University of Wyoming (UW) railed against the school’s new slogan, “The world needs more cowboys,” making claims that the term "cowboy" had racist, sexist, homophobic and genocidal undertones. But instead of backing down, the university’s Board of Trustees stood unwavering, voting unanimously to keep the slogan, and that decision paid off. As The Wall Street Journal reported:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44773/professors-protest-university-wyoming-slogan-hank-berrien?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealmedia&utm_campaign=dailywire.com&utm_term=68980&utm_content=2343719

Offline thackney

Re: "The world needs more cowboys."
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 04:29:14 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 04:30:28 pm »
Here is the crux of  the argument: "  Christine Porter ranted, “I am not the only person for whom the word ‘cowboy’ invokes a white, macho, male, able-bodied, heterosexual, U.S.-born person."  In other words, "TOXIC MASCULINITY,"

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:35:38 pm »
In my lifetime, the nuetering of America has been an absolute shock.  Some days I am glad I'm not young.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 05:00:46 pm »
Good on the University Board of Trustees!

What crap! A significant number of the real (working) cowboys I have known were Indians, some were Black, descendants of Buffalo Soldiers or others who had moved west. I have known women who could rope and ride better than a lot of men who would even try.

Apparently, the image the professor has in her head has come from Hollywood, not facts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 05:41:34 pm »
The Oldest African-American Trail Ride In Texas
http://stylemagazine.com/news/2017/feb/24/oldest-african-american-trail-ride-texas/

From The Border to Houston, “Los Vaqueros Rio Grande” Ride To The Rodeo
https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2017/03/02/190197/from-the-border-to-houston-los-vaqueros-rio-grande-ride-to-the-rodeo/

The team was founded almost 50 years ago, its name an ode to the founder’s Hispanic heritage. “It was just a wild idea,” Larry Ramirez says.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer