Author Topic: New Zealand Gun Owners Are Voluntarily Handing Over Semiautomatic Rifles to Police: 'We Don't Need T  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Zealand Gun Owners Are Voluntarily Handing Over Semiautomatic Rifles to Police: 'We Don't Need These in Our Country'
By Chantal Da Silva On 3/18/19 at 6:59 AM EDT

Since Friday's deadly attack at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, gun owners have been turning up at local police stations seeking to have their own semiautomatic rifles—the weapon believed to have been used in the shootings—destroyed.

In the days since the attacks, which saw 50 people killed and dozens more injured, a number of gun owners in New Zealand have gone on social media to encourage others to follow in their footsteps. They want them to hand over their weapons and prevent another attack like Friday's from happening again.

"Until today, I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semiautomatic rifle," one gun owner, farmer John Hart, wrote on Twitter. "On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn't outweigh the risk of misuse.

"We don't need these in our country," he added, sharing an image of a police form registering his weapon for "destruction." "We have make sure it's #NeverAgain."

more
https://www.newsweek.com/after-new-zealand-attack-gun-owners-voluntarily-handing-semi-automatic-rifles-1365988
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This sounds bogus to me. 

What is the risk of misuse of a firearm under his control? Doesn't he trust himself?

Besides, that's three people, not a multitude, and aside from those shining examples of divesting self of property and rights because someone else did something wrong, no numbers are mentioned. Hardly a stampede.

To me, this makes as much sense as having your car crushed because someone else drove into a crowd drunk.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This sounds bogus to me. 

What is the risk of misuse of a firearm under his control? Doesn't he trust himself?

Besides, that's three people, not a multitude, and aside from those shining examples of divesting self of property and rights because someone else did something wrong, no numbers are mentioned. Hardly a stampede.

To me, this makes as much sense as having your car crushed because someone else drove into a crowd drunk.
Obviously his semi-auto is one of those evil guns that can fire themselves, and obviously he is a fool if he doesn't believe that evil people will always get their hands on weapons either semi-auto or full  auto if they really want to.

Offline andy58-in-nh

There's no better example of "virtue signalling" than the kind that exposes you and your family to danger at the hands of predators who will never give a damn about your moral superiority.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Since Friday's deadly attack at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, gun owners have been turning up at local police stations seeking to have their own semiautomatic rifles—the weapon believed to have been used in the shootings—destroyed."

C'mon, Kiwis, step right up!

For each one of these you hand in:

... you receive one of these in return to wave forever more: