Author Topic: Is Chief Justice Roberts trying to balance the court!  (Read 204 times)

rangerrebew

Is Chief Justice Roberts trying to balance the court!
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »

By The Real Side -
Mar 17, 2019

Chief Justice John Roberts has made common cause with the Supreme Court’s liberal bloc as late, breaking with his conservative colleagues on cases relating to abortion, the death penalty and President Donald Trump’s revised rules for asylum seekers.

Whether Roberts’s recent maneuvers reflect a substantive change in his approach to cases remains to be seen. In isolation, it’s difficult to know what to make of the chief’s votes.

That he is parting with his conservative legal views seems unlikely. This, after all, is a jurist who voted to uphold the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act and strike down limits on firearms possession, corporate campaign expenditures and all manner of race-conscious programs. Yet his recent moves are all the more interesting for that very reason.

https://therealside.com/2019/03/is-chief-justice-roberts-trying-to-balance-the-court/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Is Chief Justice Roberts trying to balance the court!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:48:38 pm »

No.  There are a few landmark cases that Roberts has strangely veered left at the worst time.  I still truly beleive that there are high level left wing elements that have damaging goods on him, and are holding him hostage .... .
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Is Chief Justice Roberts trying to balance the court!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:03:22 pm »
No.  There are a few landmark cases that Roberts has strangely veered left at the worst time.  I still truly beleive that there are high level left wing elements that have damaging goods on him, and are holding him hostage .... .

Has to do with which country his adopted daughters were actually born in I believe.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien