Author Topic: Brazil's Bolsonaro in US to Cement Alliance With Trump  (Read 598 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Brazil's Bolsonaro in US to Cement Alliance With Trump
« on: March 18, 2019, 12:34:01 am »
AFP via VOA:

Brazil's Bolsonaro in US to Cement Alliance With Trump

FILE - Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro.

WASHINGTON —

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro arrived in Washington on Sunday to meet with his U.S. counterpart, Donald Trump, and cement a budding conservative-populist alliance that, in part, aims to ramp up pressure on Venezuela.

The far-right leader flew out of Brasilia early Sunday with six ministers, among them Foreign Minister Ernesto Araujo, Economy Minister Paulo Guedes and Justice Minister Sergio Moro, Brazilian media reported. They touched down at Joint Base Andrews, on the outskirts of Washington, at 3:40 p.m.

It was Bolsonaro's first trip abroad for a bilateral meeting since taking office on January 1. He attended the Davos summit in Switzerland in January.

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/a/brazil-s-bolsonaro-in-us-to-cement-alliance-with-trump/4835099.html

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Brazil's Bolsonaro in US to Cement Alliance With Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 05:32:06 am »
Far Right?

Aside from the term far right appearing twice in this sheet of TP, and one of him disfavoring Leftist Currents, . . . Nothing.

This writer and article are s#@t.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:32:53 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:47:50 am »
What does it take from these scum weasels in the press?

An 8x10 glossy of the current issue of World Workers Daily on top of the hamper in the target's bathroom?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:48:20 am »
What does it take from these scum weasels in the press?

An 8x10 glossy of the current issue of World Workers Daily on top of the hamper in the target's bathroom?

Maybe you can point us out to a proper news source, here is Fox News, though it is an AP story:

SAO PAULO – Observers have long flirted with the idea that far-right Brazilian congressman Jair Bolsonaro, the front-runner in Sunday's presidential runoff, was a "tropical" Trump.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ap-explains-how-brazils-bolsonaro-used-trump-tactics

The article is still at Fox News.  Maybe I need to check NewMax and so on.

I didn't realize Bolsonaro should be called "center" or "left wing"....many of us understand the article enough.

Thanks for the appraisal of journalism skills. Maybe some might have a comment on the story itself.

I guess, we are suppose to boycott fox news now.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:58:38 am by TomSea »

Offline kidd

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:53 pm »
Far Right?

Aside from the term far right appearing twice in this sheet of TP, and one of him disfavoring Leftist Currents, . . . Nothing.

Agreed. The media throws the term around way too often...usually to push their own agenda.

I've looked up what this guy has done. He's about as right wing as Trump. Which is somewhere to the left of Ronald Reagan.
Simply being anti-communist does not make one "far" right

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 03:32:41 pm »
Agreed. The media throws the term around way too often...usually to push their own agenda.

I've looked up what this guy has done. He's about as right wing as Trump. Which is somewhere to the left of Ronald Reagan.
Simply being anti-communist does not make one "far" right

Fine. As shown it has appeared at the Fox News site too.

Are we to boycott Fox?

What alternative press do you recommend?

If these questions can not be answered, well, complain away but it should likewise be seen as you all are offering no solutions.

l don't think news should be censored; and Fox news, who many of us esteem seem to publish such stories.

I'll go with them. Thanks for commenting on the news story.

@kidd  @To-Whose-Benefit?

Any solutions?

Maybe 1-way first class tickets to North Korea are the way to go.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:41:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:42 pm »
Far Right?

You wrote this about 10 hours ago. Any recommendations? Or is one's safe space violated? 

Injecting vulgarity into the conversation. Oh, how intellectually enriching for all.

Who cares? It's in articles,  BFD, we get on with the article, one can not proof read every article because it might offend one's sensibilities, we know what they mean. I don't care if they say far right, big deal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:53:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »
So we are to boycott Fox news because they use articles from these news agencies?

Your words are more authoritative than Fox News?

Yes or no answers. Hmmn.  Pretty simple.

Offline kidd

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 05:22:21 pm »
Fine. As shown it has appeared at the Fox News site too.

Are we to boycott Fox?

What alternative press do you recommend?

If these questions can not be answered, well, complain away but it should likewise be seen as you all are offering no solutions.

l don't think news should be censored; and Fox news, who many of us esteem seem to publish such stories.

I'll go with them. Thanks for commenting on the news story.

@kidd  @To-Whose-Benefit?

Any solutions?

Maybe 1-way first class tickets to North Korea are the way to go.

Jeepers.
Cut back on the caffeine.
Just a bit.

Bolsonaro is routinely labelled as "far-right".
Best as I can tell, he is against gay marriage, wishes to allow greater gun ownership in Brazil and has a favorable view of the Brazilian military. And he doesn't like communism.

Here is Ronald Reagan:
he was against gay marriage, wished to allow greater gun ownership in the USA and had a favorable view of the US military. And he didn't like communism.

As far as Fox News goes, I think you need to recognize that it can be populist tripe, but it is far better than the second best popular news organization. If you are relying on Fox News alone, you are under-informed. If you use Fox News to supplement or start your knowledge of events, then you are on the right track.
= = =
But you want a comment on the article. As far as the article you posted goes, here is a summary of what is known:

- The newly elected leader of Brazil and other important leaders from Brazil landed in the United States to talk to President Trump.
- Brazil and Venezuela share a long border

The rest of the article is speculation and analysis.
It also offers an irrelevant discussion of similarities between Eduardo Bolsonaro and Steve Bannon - that makes everyone who reads it just a little bit dumber.

Bolsonaro and Trump will discuss Venezuela.

I suspect Bolsonaro and Trump will affirm their support for Guaido as President of Venezuela. I suspect that they feel a need to do this now because of the offers made by China and Russia.
Most likely, the two will identify military leaders who support Guaido, who they can provide aid to.
I would hope that the two will get Columbia involved.

Certainly the two will discuss how to provide aid to the people of Venezuela and how to have foreign capital returned to their rightful owners before it was seized. I would hope the two could discuss how to prevent a further reoccurrence of communism in Venezuela.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:13 pm »
@TomSea

Will you please calm down Tom? Please?

I made NO mention of either You or Fox News.

It's a cut on Media all over the world.

Not You!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 11:16:32 pm »
I have no problems with "the far right".
I embrace it.

If there is any political force or faction that can save the Western World from the combined threat of leftism/communism and islam, it will be that very "far right".

How much resolve has "the center" shown against them?