Author Topic: Newly Released Court Filings Show How McCain Used Dossier Against Trump  (Read 1262 times)

rangerrebew

Newly Released Court Filings Show How McCain Used Dossier Against Trump
By Carmine Sabia
Published March 16, 2019 at 5:18am

New court filings have shown the depth of the late Sen. John McCain’s involvement in pushing the discredited dossier that began the Russia investigation.

It shows that Sen. McCain and an aide not only shared the dossier with the FBI but also gave the dossier to a variety of media companies, Fox News reported.

McCain had denied being the source for BuzzFeed after it published the dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, but had acknowledged giving it to the FBI.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/newly-released-court-filings-show-mccain-used-dossier-trump
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:37:50 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Now it seems McLame wasn't just a rino but a dirty rino, willing to sell out for whatever pieces eight he could get. :headbang:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A vaunted military man committing sedition and an attempted coup.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now it seems McLame wasn't just a rino but a dirty rino, willing to sell out for whatever pieces eight he could get. :headbang:

IOW, what this Arizonan has been saying about McStain for decades.  yogi555
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

This is not news except to try to turn it into a dump on McCain. Many months ago, when I first heard about the dossier, I researched its path from its beginning to determine how it came to go o the FBI; McCain was just a footnote as the FBI already had the information when it came to McCain.  McCain thought the FBI should investigate this, not knowing if it was true or not, so he sent it to them, but, again, they already had it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

WHY is this news to anyone? McLunatic committed treason while a POW in exchange for better treatment. The punk was a self-centered childish punk his entire freaking life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago

So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!
15,162 replies 12,447 retweets 44,021 likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1107260609974943745

It is a bit new, he tweeted on it. That fake dossier caused a lot of grief and was underhanded.

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

Fusion GPS was an opposition research group. These type companies abound across the United States as candidates across the country need to know the background of those running against them.  I knew, worked a few months with, the owner of a successful opposition research company in Austin, Texas, who did opposition research and used election data to determine what a candidate in his/her district needed to do to get elected.  I did the election numbers/history of our county and sent it to him for comment.  His response was, could he have my research for his company; that I had done it correctly.  I knew if he said that, I could depend on my work to be right.

Fusion GPS was an opposition research company, based in Washington, D.C.  Both Republicans and Democrats used this company at the beginning of the last presidential election.

Christopher Steele worked for Fusion doing investigations.  Mr. Steele had also worked with the FBI at times and was known by them to give them correct investigation information.  In other words, they trusted his work.

The Democrat Party paid Fusion for opposition research.  They had no idea what might be found which is why they paid them to do the research. When Steele found the Russians may have compromised Trump due to Trump's stay in Russia, he gave the information to the FBI for them to determine if the information was correct. The FBI took the information, again, since Steele had worked with them and they knew his work to be credible. When this information came to McCain, he did not know the FBI had it, so he sent it to them to determine if it was true or not.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 03:29:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@rangerrebew

This is not news except to try to turn it into a dump on McCain. Many months ago, when I first heard about the dossier, I researched its path from its beginning to determine how it came to go o the FBI; McCain was just a footnote as the FBI already had the information when it came to McCain.  McCain thought the FBI should investigate this, not knowing if it was true or not, so he sent it to them, but, again, they already had it.

Hold on now, @Victoria33 ....

This story tells us something new:  McCain didn't just hand the first 33 pages to the FBI (we already knew that, the FBI already had it, and more), he and his aide David Kramer shopped it around to all the MSM outlets he could find, even Buzzfeed (apparently before the Election).  That was not known before.

McCain lied through his remaining teeth when he flatly declared he didn't give it to Buzzfeed.  He did.

I've been familiar with McCain's character since he was my Congressman in the 80's.  The first indication we had that he was "off" was his involvement with Charles Keating, from before he was even elected to Congress the first time.  Charlie was a Kingmaker in AZ back then.

McCain may or may not have been correct about President Trump's character but I cannot accept his judgement because he was, in fact, a self-enriching politician who's own character was suspect.  I've always said he may have been a "hero" for surviving the Hanoi Hilton, but his behavior as my Representative and later Senator pretty well scotched that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A vaunted military man committing sedition and an attempted coup.

But don't tell Meghan.   :smokin:

Offline Victoria33

Re: Newly Released Court Filings Show How McCain Used Dossier Against Trump
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 04:11:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Early on in the presidential campaign, I was stunned when Trump personally attacked McCain because McCain was a prisoner of war.  McCain was like Trump - hurt the person who hurts you and do it more.  Trump thinks no one can hurt him so he attacks - he met his match with McCain.

Trump can't stop attacking McCain for the vote against Trumpcare which killed it.  Attack McCain about his military service, McCain kills your bill.  At CPAC a short while ago, Trump attacked again even though McCain is no longer with us.

“We’re having tremendous plans coming out now, healthcare plans, at a fraction of the cost, that are much better than Obamacare,” Trump said Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Then, motioning a “thumbs down,” — which is what McCain did when he voted against the bill last summer — Trump continued, “And except for one senator who came into the room at 3 in the morning and went like that, we could have had health care too.”

Trump attacks and expects the attacked to love him.  When he physically attacked his music teacher when he was 9 years old, that music teacher did not turn around and love him, neither did McCain.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:12:05 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

When he physically attacked his music teacher when he was 9 years old, that music teacher did not turn around and love him, neither did McCain. 

Wow.  Quite a little obsession you've got going on the President @Victoria33  How is it you've never stumbled onto anything positive about him?    :pondering:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 04:18:47 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Early on in the presidential campaign, I was stunned when Trump personally attacked McCain because McCain was a prisoner of war.  McCain was like Trump - hurt the person who hurts you and do it more.  Trump thinks no one can hurt him so he attacks - he met his match with McCain.

Trump can't stop attacking McCain for the vote against Trumpcare which killed it.  Attack McCain about his military service, McCain kills your bill.  At CPAC a short while ago, Trump attacked again even though McCain is no longer with us.

“We’re having tremendous plans coming out now, healthcare plans, at a fraction of the cost, that are much better than Obamacare,” Trump said Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Then, motioning a “thumbs down,” — which is what McCain did when he voted against the bill last summer — Trump continued, “And except for one senator who came into the room at 3 in the morning and went like that, we could have had health care too.”

Trump attacks and expects the attacked to love him.  When he physically attacked his music teacher when he was 9 years old, that music teacher did not turn around and love him, neither did McCain.

@Victoria33

As I said, the story is not about Trump's character (I don't want to go there), it goes to McCain's.  I think it was pretty small of him to sink the "skinny repeal" of Obastardcare because he was piqued about Trumps comments during the '16 campaign.  Poor character, very unprofessional behavior.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 04:25:40 pm »
@Victoria33

As I said, the story is not about Trump's character (I don't want to go there), it goes to McCain's.  I think it was pretty small of him to sink the "skinny repeal" of Obastardcare because he was piqued about Trumps comments during the '16 campaign.  Poor character, very unprofessional behavior.

John Sidney McCain III lived his entire life haunted by the knowledge that he would have wound up selling used cars in Phoenix but for his father and grandfather.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 04:31:38 pm »
John Sidney McCain III lived his entire life haunted by the knowledge that he would have wound up selling used cars in Phoenix but for his father and grandfather.

Dumping the wife who became disabled while standing behind him during the War, and marrying a rich beer heiress certainly helped his political career.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 04:38:50 pm »
Dumping the wife who became disabled while standing behind him during the War, and marrying a rich beer heiress certainly helped his political career.

Anyone with any remaining questions as to the character of Senator McCain can read Go Here and get them answered.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 04:39:51 pm »
@Victoria33
"Poor character, very unprofessional behavior."

Yes, like Trump; the two were alike. I say this as their behavior is alike, not trying to start Trump attack.
Both were, "You hurt me, I hurt you back, WORSE."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
Yes, like Trump; the two were alike. I say this as their behavior is alike, not trying to start Trump attack.
Both were, "You hurt me, I hurt you back, WORSE."

@Victoria33

So, did Trump deserve McCain's intervention in the Steele "dossier?"  Say what you will about Trump's character, but what does this say about McCain's (the point of the story)?
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 04:59:27 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

Give it up. McLunatic was a weasel,a traitor,and a viscous little turd on the best day he ever saw.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 05:09:49 pm »
@Victoria33
So, did Trump deserve McCain's intervention in the Steele "dossier?"  Say what you will about Trump's character, but what does this say about McCain's (the point of the story)?
@Cyber Liberty

"In another filing, David Kramer — a former State Department official and McCain associate — said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition that the dossier was given to him by author and former British spy Christopher Steele, which he then provided to more than a dozen journalists at outlets including CNN, BuzzFeed and The Washington Post. The details were first reported by The Daily Caller."

McCain gave it to the FBI.  David Kramer says he got the dossier from Steele and "he", meaning Kramer, gave it to the news outlets.  McCain was correct when he said he did not give it to BuzzFeed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 05:20:49 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

"In another filing, David Kramer — a former State Department official and McCain associate — said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition that the dossier was given to him by author and former British spy Christopher Steele, which he then provided to more than a dozen journalists at outlets including CNN, BuzzFeed and The Washington Post. The details were first reported by The Daily Caller."

McCain gave it to the FBI.  David Kramer says he got the dossier from Steele and "he", meaning Kramer, gave it to the news outlets.  McCain was correct when he said he did not give it to BuzzFeed.

I have heard a lot of talk here that a Politician is responsible for the acts of his underlings....McCain's were weasel words.  He's technically correct because he didn't give the "dossier" to Buzzfeed, but his aide certainly did, along with every reporter in his Rolodex.  He hired only the best.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:27:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 05:27:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

"In his book last year, The Restless Wave, McCain defended his role in giving a copy of the dossier to former FBI Director James Comey.  'I reviewed its contents. The allegations were disturbing, but I had no idea which if any were true. I could not independently verify any of it, and so I did what any American who cares about our nation’s security should have done,' McCain wrote."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 05:28:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

You missed your calling! You're damned good at hair-splitting!  Should have been a lawyer!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 05:31:07 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

"In his book last year, The Restless Wave, McCain defended his role in giving a copy of the dossier to former FBI Director James Comey.  'I reviewed its contents. The allegations were disturbing, but I had no idea which if any were true. I could not independently verify any of it, and so I did what any American who cares about our nation’s security should have done,' McCain wrote."

I don't care if he gave it to the FBI.  It's not relevant...this story is that his aide shopped the story to the press.  These are not related, other than the fact that McCain was responsible for the acts of those in his employ.  He hired only the best people.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 10:31:48 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

Awwww,ain't THAT "special"?