Author Topic: Students occupy building, demand no-whites-allowed scholarships, free meals, laundry detergent, sto  (Read 811 times)

rangerrebew

Students occupy building, demand no-whites-allowed scholarships, free meals, laundry detergent, storage
Daniel Payne - Assistant Editor •March 12, 2019

Students at Sarah Lawrence College occupied a building on that school’s campus yesterday, presenting a lengthy list of demands to the school that includes no-whites-allowed scholarships, free laundry detergent, and several new minority therapists.

The Diaspora Coalition, “a group of students who can speak to the injustices imposed on people of color by [Sarah Lawrence College] on a daily basis,” posted up in the Westlands administrative building on Monday for a 24-hour sit in, the Sarah Lawrence Phoenix reported. The group presented the university with a list of several dozen demands, ordering the school that the stipulations will be “processed to their fullest extent.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/students-occupy-building-demand-no-whites-allowed-scholarships-free-meals-laundry-detergent-storage/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:51:45 am by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The American experiment did not succeed....I'm an optimist, just kidding but it is cause for concern... sad. What will this country be like in 50, 100 years?

Offline Applewood

The American experiment did not succeed....I'm an optimist, just kidding but it is cause for concern... sad. What will this country be like in 50, 100 years?

I think the American Experiment did succeed, but now we have people not interested in keeping it going.  This younger generation will let it all go to hell.  They have been indoctrinated to believe that America is bad and it must be changed to put it on a par with third world countries so that everyone is miserable.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The college should just shut off the water and electricity and then put up a cordon of security to prevent anyone from bringing supplies or new people in. Within 2 days this revolt will be over.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Who's going to pay for "free laundry detergent"?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who's going to pay for "free laundry detergent"?

@Hoodat

Duhhh! Obviously the companies that make it! After all,they have piles of the stuff just laying around that they don't need,so they should share it.

Weeze watch-in yew,boy.

Offline skeeter

@Hoodat

Duhhh! Obviously the companies that make it! After all,they have piles of the stuff just laying around that they don't need,so they should share it.

Weeze watch-in yew,boy.

Free laundry detergent is the one demand I'd happily grant these slobs.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...and several new minority therapists."

Minority or not, these students need some therapy.
A LOT of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"...and several new minority therapists."

Minority or not, these students need some therapy.
A LOT of it.

@Fishrrman

Only if you define a boot in the ass as "therapy".

Offline Applewood

@Fishrrman

Only if you define a boot in the ass as "therapy".

My kind of therapy.

That's the problem nowadays.  Most of these kids are raised without any meaningful punishment if they get out of line.   Parents let them get away with anything.  Then we have schools which no longer discipline the kids and in fact, teach them that the world owes them.  So they go around always demanding things and those in charge give in to them. 

I know if I tried to demand things from my parents, I would have earned an open palm on my posterior -- hard.  And it would have taught me that no one owes me anything.